the Rift

White Blank Page [Hunting/RE]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

The thistle meadow was dead north from the Veins, and the flight didn't take long. For Phae, it felt like it took hours; she had flown protectively in circles around the small chick, constantly checking to make sure that its fragile youthful wings were still holding in steady in the air. She marvelled at how a creature so young, could be capable of flight already, but then again, she was able to at a young age as well, she just couldn't remember it. "Stella?" She said, testing the same out, and finding that she liked the way it sounded on her lips. "I spy dinner".

Phaedra glided gently towards the ground, landing softly with Stella following suit. She had seen these birds before, and new that they ate small mammals and even tortoises at this age, but that when she was older, eating a gazelle or other medium-size creature would not be out of the question. Luckily, Phae only needed to provide small-sized nourishment. The only problem was, Phae was a flighty thing, and had little to no experience hunting or tracking whatsoever. She looked down at the small creature, and all doubt faded from her mind. She would not let this young thing, down.

Unsure of how to proceed, Phae looked out across the meadow, letting her gaze relax to try and catch movements, rather than focusing on anything specific. Out of the corner of her eye, she spied movement on the top of a small mound of dirt. It appeared to be some sort of rodent. Prairie dog? Her mind offered. Whatever it was, she was after it. Phae spread her wings to add buoyancy to the light trot she picked up. The creature dumbly watched her trot towards it, seeming to beckon her closer before threatening to vanish. But Phae didn't spy a hole in the soft earth....Picking up the pace, Phae launched herself, aiding her pounce with her wings, hoping to crash down on the soft mound, and the rodent which stood atop it.

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
White Blank Page [Hunting/RE] - by Phaedra - 12-23-2012, 12:05 AM
RE: White Blank Page [Hunting/RE] - by Phaedra - 12-23-2012, 12:17 AM
RE: White Blank Page [Hunting/RE] - by Phaedra - 12-23-2012, 12:32 AM
RE: White Blank Page [Hunting/RE] - by Phaedra - 12-23-2012, 12:51 AM
RE: White Blank Page [Hunting/RE] - by Phaedra - 12-23-2012, 01:12 AM
RE: White Blank Page [Hunting/RE] - by Phaedra - 12-23-2012, 01:39 AM