the Rift

flowers in your hair

Jackal2 the King of Thieves Posts: 71
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 ½ :: 3 years
zz

Lovely large eyes contemplate him, a mild smile dancing on sandy lips. Everything about her is mild - the diffused color of her skin, her gaze, her words. They are both wrought in green, with voices as soft as spring. Her answer causes him to smile, nostrils quivering softly with wonder. She is strange - but he finds himself fond of her; she is as vibrant and real as the hazy green forest they inhabit. He watches her inquisitively, grey eyes sage-colored in the emerald light. After a moment of thought, he begins to speak, "There are plenty of squirrels and bluebirds where I reside," he says, a wry smile threatening to split his face. Jackal admires her thirst for knowledge, a self-driven quest for the occult - he wishes his heart was peaceful enough for it, but it is as restless and tumultuous as his seafaring birthplace; too fickle, he fears, to follow the whimsical course of nature.

She notices his dragon - he swims within her hazel eyes in a puddle of blue. "That is Dei, my dragon," the dun says, perhaps confirming her answer. The bronze spirals closer, diving underneath branches and leaves with all the grace of a petrel. "I am Jackal, the King of Thieves." The appaloosa wonders idly what she will think of his title - at first, the notion of it had been almost laughable, but the name grows on him, until (he fears) it will fit him like a leather glove; Jackal dreads the day. "I live in a pleasant green valley not far north of this forest. Mountains shelter it from snow and sun, and the wildflowers are in bloom," his voice is deep and soft, as if singing a duet with the fresh-smelling breeze, which tangles his auburn mane and sends her pale hair dancing. "It is best we do not stay long here," he adds, caution thick in his words - thieves and thugs and waysided strangers are rumored to reside within the Threshold, ready to prey on anyone caught unaware - Jackal grins at the irony of it. What am I, but the king of them all?

The dun begins to angle his body toward the path which led homeward, broad hooves dragging and striking the humid dirt path as he swivels to seek it, an archway of bowing trees indicating the way. He pauses for her, lingering mercury eyes seeking the flaxen mare, hoping she will follow.

Messages In This Thread
flowers in your hair - by Owl - 12-23-2012, 02:06 AM
RE: flowers in your hair - by Jackal2 - 12-23-2012, 09:05 AM
RE: flowers in your hair - by Owl - 12-23-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: flowers in your hair - by Jackal2 - 12-27-2012, 01:00 PM
RE: flowers in your hair - by Owl - 12-27-2012, 02:36 PM