the Rift

Referendum. [Herd]

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni. </style>
Distance feels further when you love with fervor 
and no second thoughts.  </style>

The Shaman was stunned into silence. Her mother was limping into the crimson bowl for hard rock, with obvious weight upon her mind. Onni followed behind in silence, allowing for space to grow between her mother and her. The tobiano had not been around her mother much in months, taking to a more private study of her healing arts. There was some sort of silent connection between the healer and her mother, different from the bond shared with her songbird, flying silently at her side now. They could not speak, could not share thoughts, could not translate emotions as easily as a bonded companion, but ever since the mare had met with the mother she thought dead, reducing Onni to little more than a filly, her mother's presence was felt in her chest. The brooding mare before her held the body of her mother, but not the spirit she would otherwise have recognized.

This shift is what she felt.

After Kri had made her stance, Onni before her, one of the crowd. Usually, the daughter would stand to the side of the smaller brown mare, but today, the healer was nothing but an observer. These events were unknown to the shaman, perhaps embarrassingly so, but listening to the strong voice of her mother, there was no doubt where her heart would land. Her mother had learned from her mistakes with Cielo and had not allowed history to repeat itself with Svetlana's challenge. The rise and fall of Leander, however brief, was almost entirely missed by Onni. How long had the stallion ruled? His promotion was toward the last leg of Frostfall, and the end of Birdsong was not even nearing. Less than a season, perhaps a month, the golden stallion had claimed the title of Leader. This was a momentary blink in time, and certainly not long enough to outweigh the trust Kri had earned from her daughter both from her reign in Isilme and now in Helovia. As far as Onni knew, the only mistake her mother had made since arriving in Helovia had been promoting Leander to lead alongside her.

With a smile, the pale girl listens as one by one, the gathered begin to sing their praise and affection for her mother, as well as their support. Azzuen, the brother of Onni's beloved mentor, even touches her mother's shoulder gently as a sign of solidarity. Lyhty chirps, though there is no noise to echo in the mind of the tobiano. After a moment of silence draws, the Shaman steps forth, songbird hot on her heels, to face her mother directly. "I would never question your lead in favor of one who ruled shorter than a season. You have my love and my respect," she says in a soothing voice, smiling at her mother brightly. "I will be loyal to you until my heart ceases to beat in my chest."
""

Messages In This Thread
Referendum. [Herd] - by Kri - 12-23-2012, 12:44 PM
RE: Referendum. [Herd] - by Midas - 12-23-2012, 03:56 PM
RE: Referendum. [Herd] - by Ázzuen - 12-23-2012, 06:13 PM
RE: Referendum. [Herd] - by Aryel - 12-23-2012, 06:54 PM
RE: Referendum. [Herd] - by Cirrus - 12-23-2012, 10:26 PM
RE: Referendum. [Herd] - by Onni - 12-23-2012, 10:56 PM
RE: Referendum. [Herd] - by Aisha - 12-24-2012, 06:56 AM