the Rift

[Judge] Question, Part II [Rome]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: b_and_w_by_ladyfey-d5j1ndw.png]

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

I did note, rather sharply, of her use of what was once... not my title; my, what, exactly? I guess a deferential expression to me. My Lady. But I was not her lady, not any longer, for worse I think, yet maybe for the better. I wondered if perhaps I should tell her of that, but I remained quiet for the time-being, listening silent to her and her commentary of the scene where the two black horses and the russet Chief had charged me before I had taken off. Unlike Leander, I was not so much surprised to see them chasing me off; they were his herd. Even thinking about it made me a little uneasy- was I trying to pit myself against the whole of Helovia? Maybe I should seek council of the gods, but then again, the gods have not done much to turn luck in my favour since coming to Helovia.

"Romani. I am not your lady anymore, even if I wish it were so." I finally say, after thinking over my words carefully. There was no need to rush into this conversation, for it was a delicate matter and unless she were to join me, I would hope there would be no leaks all over Helovia about my plan. Or Leander's? I really needed to speak with him about the wisdom of angering two of the three herds who may have been likely to help us, although it was my fault as well. I shift my weight, and although my eyes lay steady on her, my mind is whirling away trying to decipher what I should say next.

"I... I have not been the wisest. I sought refuge with Leander the Lionheart, and he accepted me, much to my relief. However, he questioned the wisdom of Kri's leadership. I trust him, and so I quite foolishly challenged Kri without thinking of the consequences; and I lost." I hum for a moment, undecided. "I and Leander have come with the idea to create a band of horses, of all races, in our search for a land where we can create and develop as we please and as we think fairly- where we can help others who have been unfairly cast out, or in need of someone who can help them." I stop, thinking carefully again before turning my attention to her. "Just as Leander feels Kri's wisdom is clouded by her anger, I feel that there it was unjust for me to be turned out as I was, when I have only done my best for the herd."

The shadows are deepening over my chiseled features, and I close my eyes momentarily, a weight pressing down on me. Speaking of it, I feel so ignorant and clumsy. "But that is enough of those more complicated matters- for now, let us spar for a minute and forget. Let us soften our blows and not harm each other too bad, hmm?" I say, and then I leap forward to her, slipping past her in a wave of silken black feathers and a toss of my tail.

I arch my neck, nip at her red withers, at least that is where I aim. My ears are not pinned, for it is only a game, and I strike out at her left foreleg when my head is roughly level with her hind. My blood and heart is not pounding inside me, instead I view the dark shadowy world with a kind of neutrality.

Yet my wings are half-roused, even if I say I am relaxed. And then, to avoid hitting one of the trees that shall make this a fun game, I leap five feet up the tree, wings half-spread, and push off, twisting around to bounce onto the forest floor scattered with dead leaves and broken branches; to face Romani again. I am smiling now, for it seems in this chaotically predominantly shadow-encased world it is a little bit lighter in my heart. It does seem a fight will have you forget anything at all.

WC: 675
Other: 1/2, 0/1 defense post.

Messages In This Thread
[Judge] Question, Part II [Rome] - by Svetlana - 12-23-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: Question, Part II [Rome] - by Romani - 12-24-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: Question, Part II [Rome] - by Svetlana - 12-26-2012, 07:48 PM
RE: Question, Part II [Rome] - by Romani - 12-29-2012, 07:40 AM
RE: Question, Part II [Rome] - by Svetlana - 12-29-2012, 05:31 PM
RE: [Judge] Question, Part II [Rome] - by Tor - 01-06-2013, 12:09 AM