the Rift

[Judge] Question, Part II [Rome]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: b_and_w_by_ladyfey-d5j1ndw.png]

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

My shoulder collided with her side, and for a moment, there was warmth as we brushed together, a small flare of heat against the constant chill of the forest locked in shadows. Not so luckily, my wing got caught at an awkward angle even as the compact little mare tried to find her balance. Black against gold. It was an image that flared in my mind, an image of something so long ago it had been buried deeply under the pressures of leadership.

Then as quick as it came, that image of extended ebony primaries against gilded aureate was gone, and the muscles in my shoulders popped and twisted as I cantered past, blood rushing in my veins, my heart pumping away in my silver chest. Mostly, the buffet had been a hope for an allowance of time- time to turn, time to launch another attack. I didn't notice the pain so much along my barrel, where the silky gray hairs had been neatly scraped away to expose a sheen of light blood flow. The blow inflicted by the Halflinger's teeth had been softened, of course, by Romani, for it was important to remember the differences between spars and battles. It wasn't anger I had felt, still I mostly felt this cool calm, but maybe a kink of annoyance.

Looking back, a quick cow kick may have been a good idea, but I was already out of reach, and although without nerves in my tail-hairs I was not aware of it, I had managed my stinging slap to that pretty gold face. Excellent.

I twisted around, the muscles along my spine crying out in protest, still sore from my hours of flying the last few days. I had been so very busy, and even now, I wondered how wise I had been to do as I had done and try as I had tried. After all, I had fought and lost two challenges over the course of only four or five days, not to mention I had also had flown nearly all over Helovia, no easy feat even for one in superb condition.

My hooves dig into the moss below as I rise up onto onyx hinds, ears pinned to skull, eyes sharp. Not cold, not warm. I am filled with this emptiness, this kind of cool, like my heart has been encased in glass. Not ice, no, ice is too hard and cold, just more empty and vacant. Glass, yes, glass is a good way to describe how I feel. Clear and prepared and cutting-edge.

If there was one thing I had not expected, perhaps it would be Rome's gallop towards me, as she barreled closer. One of my ebony hooves scraped along the flesh of the golden mare's head as she charged, and there is the sickening sensation of tearing flesh, even if the rip in hide is small and shallow. Once, I was a warrior of blood and fire, but now, things have changed.

The oxygen sustaining me is torn from my chest as she collided. Even for her side, she was sturdy and strong. I would have dropped, fallen over as I stumble back and away from her, if not for my wings. One massive black airfoil unfurls to hit the ground as I struggle to throw my weight back up. Green grass, turned dark by the lack of light, brushes my primaries, and then, my other wing slightly extended to provide a little bit of balance, I turn, gathering my hooves underneath me.

Should I continue to attack? No, this fight is done. I cannot taste victory, or defeat. Neither am I tired, instead light on my feet, heart racing. It's good to let matters be lost in my mind and far away, instead in this world of the present, focused firmly on my opponent.

"We are finished, Romani, let us relax." I say, perhaps panting a slight touch, as I shut my wings that I had allowed to rest on the ground. I want to fly right now, not be trapped in this forest of shadows. It would be nice, but it would be rude to leave Romani before discussing whether or not she wants to join me, or stay. Either way, I will understand, but I would hope she would remain with me.

WC: 720
Other: 1/2, 1/1 defense post.

Messages In This Thread
[Judge] Question, Part II [Rome] - by Svetlana - 12-23-2012, 01:01 PM
RE: Question, Part II [Rome] - by Romani - 12-24-2012, 01:56 AM
RE: Question, Part II [Rome] - by Svetlana - 12-26-2012, 07:48 PM
RE: Question, Part II [Rome] - by Romani - 12-29-2012, 07:40 AM
RE: Question, Part II [Rome] - by Svetlana - 12-29-2012, 05:31 PM
RE: [Judge] Question, Part II [Rome] - by Tor - 01-06-2013, 12:09 AM