the Rift

Protectors of the Earth [open/joining]

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex

.M A N D R A K E.
i am your nightmare

I watch him, my face devoid of emotion that gives away the thoughts nefarious and atramentous; thoughts tenebrous and obfuscous. Slowly my eyes shut, then the lids carefully part to expose my ashen eyes. I let my eyes bore onto him, let the cold chips of stone scare him, startle him, make him want to cringe away and fear for his life; for I am Mandrake, and the world deserves to cower at my feet.

My face remains as blank and ungiving as the mountains tall behind me as the unicorn speaks. I have nothing against unicorns, only mares as a rule; so I see no point in wringing his neck. Not right away, at least. Right now he can suffer from paralyzing fear at the sight of me, me who is as cold and unforgiving as the gods sometimes are.

I do not know how he thinks, this stallion, but if I were to know of his plottings, I would laugh at him, a silken coy laugh, for he is nothing, nothing compared to me. Some may say it is the sign of the bully to be afraid of being overthrown; but I am no bully. I will not be overthrown with my sons to protect me. I am Mandrake, the killer, Mandrake, the heartless, Mandrake, the lover and murderer of fine men.

I have reserved judgement for him; for every man's day comes where his heart will be weighed by the scales of distrust by me; and right now, he does nothing to put him in my favor. "You do not speak to me as if you are an equal." I croon to him, stepping forward. Another step. I exhale softly on his face, my iron eyes resting on his green. "I am queen here even if my title is only shadow, I am everything you wish to be. You are free to join, but if your hoof steps one centimeter over the line, you are dead." I put every threat into my silken voice, and I snort, at this fool who thinks he can saunter in. "Do not forget me, little unicorn- I am Mandrake." And I turn, my coat melting into the background of the forest, and I am gone.

Messages In This Thread
Protectors of the Earth [open/joining] - by Miltiades - 12-23-2012, 01:10 PM
RE: Protectors of the Earth [open/joining] - by Miltiades - 12-23-2012, 11:12 PM
RE: Protectors of the Earth [open/joining] - by Mandrake - 12-24-2012, 12:23 AM
RE: Protectors of the Earth [open/joining] - by Miltiades - 12-24-2012, 01:06 AM
RE: Protectors of the Earth [open/joining] - by Rapha - 12-24-2012, 10:55 AM