the Rift

Like BLUE in the hour of one STAR [Open/God of the Spark]

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud

the haruspex

You're an idiot.

A smile breached Myr's tired old features as the walls resonated with the vibrant voice of the God. Myrddin raised just in time to feel the God step through the permeable membrane of the mirror altering the energy in the cave. Although he was certain that it would be as fixed in space-time as he was, should he ever try a manoeuvre like that. I have been through time, space and every damn corner of this world, and I have yet to see an old nag who is the mother of all things. Sorry, picked your brain. Hope you don't mind... The God continued, not hiding his disdain. Myrddin was not deterred however. Once, long ago, someone had told him "Go now, there are worlds other than these" While he believed the God had been to many corners of the world, the Universe, by hypothesis, was not something stagnant, with edges. And why would the great mare hide in some corner of the world, when there was so much open space in which to dwell? Still, he was not here to argue cosmic politics; though he gladly would, should the chance ever arise.

Hhhmm... So, let me guess, you want some vision of the future? Some hint into the past, or maybe, you want me to alter the timeline? Myrddin furrowed his brow, causing his wirey eyebrows to come together in a crooked line. What was he doing asking Myr? Perplexed, the old philosopher stood for a moment, thinking. Myrddin was a determinist, believing that each and every outcome, was determined by the outcomes immediately occurring before, and so on, ad infinitum. Lives were pre-determined, it was merely an epistemic question as to how things would turn out. The other God's he had encountered, the Goddess of the Moon who sent him on a quest, the firey God and the Earthy one, while powerful, were surely not all-knowing. This God however, could go forward in the timelines. He could change outcomes and witness events. Was Myrddin really so insignificant that this God would not bother to view his desires before hand before deciding to come? That he had come suggested that he was interested - which he seemed not to be - or that he already knew. So again, why was he asking?

Turning his sightless gaze to where he believed the God to be, based on the echo's his voice made on the cavern walls, Myrddin tipped his old head inquisitivley. "There is unrest amongst the herds; this you already know. I did not achieve so long a life by casting my lot in with those who are weak. You have provided a home to Psyche and her band, and though I very much doubt you would so much as blink at the suffering of the Basin's inhabitants, I would be inclined to think that you would not want your playthings to be destroyed at the hooves of your siblings. " Myrddin's memory ventured back to the meeting between the Sun God and this one, and the conversation that transpired there. The lives of those in the Basin were no more than minorly interesting pawns to the God, Myr was sure. But even a God doesn't like his things broken by others. "I seek nothing from you, other than the ability to protect what's yours. Pausing, Myrddin flicked his weathered, tattered tail. "You who have seen into the time streams - How would you have this play out?"

To go on is to go through.
At last, even the seer is cremated.
Each seed loves the dark for the light it promises.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Like BLUE in the hour of one STAR [Open/God of the Spark] - by Myrddin - 12-24-2012, 02:02 AM