the Rift

They're coming to take me away ha ha! [ open ]

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex

I retracted my ebony claws, slipped down lower, nearly on my chest, moving completely silently across the forest floor. My ears swivelled cautiously, trying to catch the source of the horrendous singing interrupting the peace and quiet of the Threshold, even if it was often flooded with idiots making a fool of themselves. A low growl started in my throat, a low thrum that carefully wove with a higher note, a deep one there, until it was steadying to a low roar.

It came from my mouth like a wild animal, exploding into the air and sending the birds just resettling in the tall, slender trees off in wild cackles and nervous trills. The beats of their wings was a rhythm that sent my pulse pounding as I moved forward again, creeping silently.

I lifted my head over the green foliage shading me, and straightened up to my full weight on my ebony paws, lifting my eyes up doubtfully to study the mare set in front of me. There was no other words to describe her- she was ugly. Her coat was a shade of brown mixed with just enough green and crap to make her look as if she was... well, better to keep that thought in my head. Most curiously of all, the icy-eyed creatures was bare-necked and had a leonine tail, even despite the fact there was not even a fragment of a horn jutting from her forehead.

I leaped up a tree, claws coming out, dislodging a shower of tree bark behind me as I left gouge marks behind me, creeping up and turning swiftly to face her, watching from one of the thicker tree branches a good twenty feet off the ground. I watched, tail-tip twitching, as she chased the bunnies. I watched, interested, as her lips parted to expose long canines. Carnivorous? I watched in silence as she tossed the rabbit into the air, although my onyx jaguar body tensed in need to eat it.

Just as she left it, she fell over laughing. The soft brown-furred creature wandered over to under my tree, and with the slinkiness of a predator, I fell from the tree onto it, sending the fragile bones snapping. I repositioned myself, feeding on it, enjoying the warm blood flowing from it and loving the scraps of meat along it. Rabbits were always plump and soft. I do not speak, instead, I keep an eye on the chortling mare.

Messages In This Thread
They're coming to take me away ha ha! [ open ] - by Sybil - 12-24-2012, 01:58 AM
RE: They're coming to take me away ha ha! [ open ] - by Mandrake - 12-24-2012, 11:27 AM
RE: They're coming to take me away ha ha! [ open ] - by Sybil - 12-29-2012, 12:19 AM
RE: They're coming to take me away ha ha! [ open ] - by Sybil - 01-03-2013, 02:29 PM
RE: They're coming to take me away ha ha! [ open ] - by Tribute - 01-03-2013, 04:00 PM