the Rift

[Judge] Time to test skills [Kri]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

My blue eyes catch movement of my opponent's backside, snapping my neck back out quickly after my clatter of teeth to avoid the mass of bulk from slamming into my delicate nape. I feel more than hear the whir of air that rushes by my shoulder, just inches from touching my skin. I smile, tucking my head once more close to my chest, moving onward, circling Aisha as though she wear an innocent little rabbit and I the fox. Her attempt to kick out at my phantom was amusing, and I could tell that they laugh sliding from my lips was heard by her, though she makes no outward response except for what I thought was a momentary, crestfallen breath from her lungs.

We are all beginners at some point. I had been no less foolish, but perhaps more stubborn than this mare. Fighting was just another art that required careful training. She would hone her skills someday, if she was adamant in her goals. My skills had faced the same trials, and there was a reason that I was called the Resolute.

When I charge, I note that Aisha rises, a beautiful movement, but a foolish one. I knew the balance of her body would be weak, but to crash fully into her now would likely break one of her precious legs. That was not the point in this spar, though maybe it would be a valuable lesson. Leaning on the edge of mercy, I throw my weight backward, slamming on my breaks, my body being shook like leaves in the wind, and lifting myself up slightly, just in time for Aisha's legs to come slamming down in front of me, narrowly missing the gulliotine of her legs. "Enough!" I bellow, looking at her wit ha disconcerted face that had lost all of the good humor it held within moments. "Do you desire to crack my spine? I am not your enemy!" Snorting, annoyed, I turn away from the mare and begin to walk out into the desert, a plume of red dust wavering behind me.

"We will end this here, until you can learn control."
""

[ WC: 375; Closing defense; 0/2 magic. ]

[ OOC Commentary:

There were some improvements in this post, but there was also some ground lost as well.

The first big mistake that will cost you points is that you never mentioned if any of Kri's attacks landed or not. I was left to assume that they did not, but since you made no mention of it anyway or the other, I was not certain. The judge will not know either, and you will lose points. Even if the attack misses, you have to dictate that. Everything must be accounted for. I sort of have a formula that I run through in my head. List out their attacks, decide how you want to take them or if you want to at all, what damage would be done and pain would be felt or how do you justify missing the attack. If you go through those for every attack your opponent launches, you will get it all in there and you won't lose points!

Next, your rearing to avoid a charge. Kri easily could have reguided her charge toward Aisha's leg, and horses are extremely unbalanced when rearing! Aisha would have toppled like a Jenga tower, and that would be good for no one. So, while your mechanics were fine, it was not a smart choice and a risk you didn't need to take. Pivoting or even just lurching to the side would have been enough to dodge it, and that would have kept her from being a target for getting knocked over.

Lastly, your flow in this post was not good. Your first paragraph is totally irrelevant from your second or at least it reads that way. You need smoother transitions. Do not forget that prose is part of your rubric as well. I forgot to mention in your last critique, but your emotion is also a tad bit lacking. Aisha should be present in every single post, not just in mechanics but in mind. How does she feel during this battle? During her moment when she is unbalanced during the rear would be a -great- moment to mention panic, even if it's momentary. I know I certainly would be a little scared if I was about to fall over in the middle of a spar. x3

OKAY, now for the good stuff.

Your first defense was actually quite brilliant. Throwing her hind end toward Kri's neck maybe didn't match up as well as I'd like since she was biting for a shoulder, but it was still ingenuous thinking, and the kind of defense I like. I give you a big gold star for it.

Next, you really improved on your time frame of attacks. There were no massive expanding attacks, nor did I feel that anything you did was out of the realm of plausibility. You came a long way from your first post, and you should be /proud/ of that. You really listened to that bit of advice, and I think you are going to become a much better fighter for it. ^^

That's all, folks. Thank you for the fabulous fight. Time to call the judge over to have a look. ]

Messages In This Thread
[Judge] Time to test skills [Kri] - by Aisha - 12-25-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: Time to test skills [Kri] - by Kri - 12-28-2012, 11:45 PM
RE: Time to test skills [Kri] - by Aisha - 12-29-2012, 10:18 AM
RE: Time to test skills [Kri] - by Kri - 01-05-2013, 04:47 PM
RE: Time to test skills [Kri] - by Aisha - 01-06-2013, 08:36 AM
RE: Time to test skills [Kri] - by Kri - 01-19-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: Time to test skills [Kri] - by Aisha - 01-20-2013, 04:35 AM
RE: Time to test skills [Kri] - by Official - 01-22-2013, 02:03 PM
RE: Time to test skills [Kri] - by Kri - 01-22-2013, 02:51 PM