the Rift

It Has Come To Pass [OPEN-JOINING]

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

osiris</style>

Friend. The word echoes strangely in Osiris's head, and he turns to view this grey stallion with curious golden eyes. Boltar of the Foothills. The wolf did not know him before this interaction, but the ease with which he extended his friendship to a beast surprised him enough to gain his immediate attention. Violet eyes, diamond shaped and sharp, also peer out at the stallion. "Ooooltrr," Comadre purrs the name to the best of his ability, making it fit with recognition in his reptilian mouth for future reference. The black was friendly and kind, easy to return a friendship where Osiris was not. Leaping from the shoulder of the grey wolf, the small black hovers in the air, floating over toward the dirty face of Boltar.

Air pulls in and out of small black nostrils - sniffing. Purple eyes observe his face closer, noting the blue eyes and the mess of mane. The dragon stares back at his bonded after his quick inspection, giving the wolf a wink that suggested that he take up the stallion on his tentative offer.

Meanwhile, Nadira had shrunk into the background of their consciousness. The beacon of beauty and purity to their side, standing beside a glimmering river, was facing her own inner turmoil. The battle of finding yourself alone in a crowd was one that Osiris would sympathize with, though getting the gruff beast to admit such a vulnerable feeling would be difficult beyond belief. Pride still nestled in the heart of the feral horse, even if others would think of him as a lower being. It was hard to stare into the face of a giant and think of him as lowly, but there had been countless in his past that had made the mistake. While their sneers had not touched his pride, they had built a wall slowly around his heart. The wall let few gather close to the solitary creature, and Comadre was the only one to come to understand it.

When Boltar speaks his invitation, Osiris is anything but surprised. He had expected the stallion of the Foothills to offer this home to Nadira, but that he had included the wolf made the hybrid doubt his honesty. The feral stallion of gray offered friendship and a home, but Osiris had already earned both of these. Home was with those you loved. His beloved friend, Ophelia, was the creature he remained closest to in this land. The very face he had mistaken Nadira's for was the one who rises to his mind. The dark stained coat of her sister soon follows.

"I am afraid I already pledged my loyalty to Ktulu the Constrictor and her sister Ophelia's cause," the wolf says quietly toward the stallion, golden eyes apologetic. "I cannot accept your offer of a home, Boltar, but you have made a friend here." The wolf smirks, a bit of humor taking his next statement. "Comadre has taken quite a liking to you." The little dragon, now nestled back on the wolf's large shoulder, coos a strange little laugh.

The soft-spoken voice of Nadira rings in the wolf's ears, and he turns to look at her. Her beautiful white face and deep blue eyes looking at Boltar as she takes the offer of safe refuge and a home. The hybrid had not expected her to be fit for the Grey since he had realized his mistake, but it still saddened his heart that she would not become part of the familiar he had signed himself into. Mercenaries, some called them, but Osiris knew that there were not to be bought for any injust cause... or at least he would not be. The gentle ring of a bell, a soft voice, appeals to him next, and surprised, the wolf turns his attention to her directly.

"I can accompany you during your journey, Nadira, but I will not stay. My heart is that of a wanderer still," his voice softens, not wanting to break the fragile bond between himself and this pale mare. It had been a while since Osiris had seen his family in the Hills, anyway.
""

we resign ourselves to existence in the dark. </style>
we must stay afraid.  </style>

image by caste @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
It Has Come To Pass [OPEN-JOINING] - by Nadira - 12-25-2012, 11:21 PM
RE: It Has Come To Pass [OPEN-JOINING] - by Boltar - 12-26-2012, 04:05 AM
RE: It Has Come To Pass [OPEN-JOINING] - by Boltar - 12-29-2012, 08:45 PM
RE: It Has Come To Pass [OPEN-JOINING] - by Osiris - 12-29-2012, 11:48 PM