the Rift

Bring Me Full Circle [Open]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

"Ah." Tor said quietly, uncertainly, as the sadness enters the ebony stallion's deep voice. She felt guilty, the kind mare, for digging up such memories, because that was her nature, the nature of Tor. No, she lied to herself- his voice remained strong. Maybe she had imagined it. Yes, the painted lady must have. Silly of her to do such a thing. Who was his friend, she wondered? But to say that would certainly be crossing the line, be much more than simply impertinent of her. Again she considered offering her consolations, offering him someone to share the burden with; then Tor decided, just as she remembered the grief of lost Lei and Nanook, such things were best left behind, and the good memories held onto fondly.

For another brief moment, there was a quiet, the silence that was treasured and respected. Before it was broken, of course, by the mind that wandered just as much as her hooves. "Maybe so. Maybe it's just that I haven't stuck around long enough to see any visible changes." He did have a good point, the lady supposed, yet still. Some qualities were just there from the beginning, and loyalty tended to be one. No- it could be grown, cultivated from a seed. So maybe... maybe he was right.

More silence. More hoof-shaped depressions in the sand. How many sides are there to choose from? Too many, the healer thought to herself. But she didn't say that. "Well... three, I suppose. The ones considered the "good guys", the neutrals, and the "bad guys". The Qian, for example, the Edge- yes, I know before you came they got a home, but it's just... the ex-Edge didn't really do anything before that. Sure, they stuck to themselves- but hasn't everyone at one point or another?" Of course, there was the Gray. But not seeing Ophelia lately, Tor had begun to doubt. Doubt the need of payment, doubt the need of poisoners and killers. Shouldn't they just pick one side or the other?

"I already know a bit about the basic enemies. Auroreans, or Basiners, are the ones in the north, only accept unicorns, considered the bad guys, and so on and so on. But the Qian were the ones who drove them out. I, personally, live in the Deep Forest... with the Gray. The neutrals, I guess- we are mercenaries, work for payment. But lately, I've been wondering if we should just pick a side or another. Payment is withholding something you can do for another if they can't afford- it's not good, not fair." It was frustrating. Just... there was nothing else to say. What would Destrier think? Would he, maybe, understand?

T O R

image credit
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Destrier - 12-26-2012, 05:52 AM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Tor - 12-26-2012, 08:29 PM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Destrier - 12-26-2012, 09:35 PM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Tor - 12-27-2012, 10:58 PM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Destrier - 12-28-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Tor - 12-28-2012, 10:42 AM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Destrier - 12-29-2012, 12:45 AM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Tor - 12-30-2012, 10:58 AM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Destrier - 12-30-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Tor - 12-30-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Destrier - 12-31-2012, 06:57 PM