the Rift

Be great in act, as you have been in thought. [rescue]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
 Kri</style>

I could roll my eyes, but I feel as though that would only put me in a bad light instead of the circle-talkers in front of me. I regret speaking to the bay almost immediately, though she has calm words that are eloquently put in a respectful tone. She grabs at old wounds that have no relevance as of this moment, and that will have to be quickly ended. I do not nod, just hold her gaze and wait for her speech to come to a close. The other unicorns around her do not seem pleased by my words or presence, but smug as she speaks. It is the same biased glass they peer through. I do not claim innocence in terms of bias, but I noticed when things were relevant and when they were just fodder for my ears.

I nod once as she finishes but not one that signals agreement. The movement is a precursor to the words which slip out of my mouth. "Your words are facts that I cannot ignore, but you view them in a light that would paint my herd as the ones at fault while placing your own as completely free of responsibility," even tones, yet they are cutting in strength along with my cool gaze that reigns from my dark toned eyes. "I had personally returned Sno to her father, and the Frostheart had deemed that action enough to offer forgiveness. D'Artagnan was taken strategically to avoid his aid during the invasion of the Edge for our allies, and the attempts to capture King Mauja were the same. D'Artagnan was released as soon as you came to collect him, and Mauja was never held prisoner in this lands. Your bringing up healed wounds does nothing to prove to me our prisoners should be freely returned; in fact, it does the opposite.

"You may not hold any who find a home in the Throat, but my allies are my family as well. Your capture of Mirage and several others, along with the attempted ambushes, forced my hand when it came to planning to capture a few of your own ranks. Were it not for your band's barrage of ambushes, failed or not, we would never have taken your members prisoner here." I look at her for a moment, allowing my words to sink into an unusually thick skull. They had planned the same evil as my herd and I. They were not innocent. Aurelius and Elizabeth themselves had attempted stealths of my herd and allies. What other action should we have taken? "Again, I will ask. For what reason should I release prisoners of my home to beggars who have nothing to offer except a rehash of settled issues and falsely placed blame?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Be great in act, as you have been in thought. [rescue] - by Kri - 12-29-2012, 07:58 PM