the Rift

SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

Cacophony. The sound of flesh hitting against flesh, bones moaning under the pressure of the impact. The sound of my feathers whistling in the air around me. My tail lashing angrily as my legs continue to pound, continue to move. I persevere. I would grit my teeth against the pain that rattles my shoulder as I collide with the tower of Elizabeth's ashen body were my mouth not seeking the flesh of another already. It seems my attempt to avoid a jab of her horn has been in vain, backfired even, and my dark eyes widen in surprise for one precious instant before I tuck my head down toward my chest, the sound a blade whirling through the air above my ears, the tip ever so uncomfortably close to my flesh. My jaw slaps shut and the grit I was wishing for moments before comes to lock in my jaw, but this time with a caution I had not shown.

My face feels hot from the anger. My heart beats rapidly. The pain in my rear end from my fight just days before burns away in the heat of this moment, replaced instead by the fresh pain of my shoulder. Still, I was likely not the worst for wear, the way Elizabeth's jaw had tightened upon impact. I smile quietly to myself, letting out a forceful breath from my nostrils as my legs plunge onward.

I tear past her body, noting as I look toward her face that her eyes have glazed over in thought. What sort of an idiot loses themselves in the midst of a battle without a death wish? I guess I had momentarily forgot why I was fighting this girl - her own idiocy. Should I have expected any less? As my body clears hers, cutting in front of her during her daze, I slam on my brakes long enough to send my hind end flying into the air. My back hooves become throwing knives as I extend my legs with all due force toward the vaguely right side of her chest, neck, jaw - whatever part of her front end was within reach of my legs; it did not matter. My hooves fall back toward the crimson dirt, and whatever spell had entranced the black mare has passed.

Her giant body moves into motion just as mine begins to jet forward again. I move, but am not quick enough to entirely escape the jab of her horn. The point finds its way on the lower end of the rest side of my rump, tearing flesh, spilling blood, but was little more than an over-sized paper cut and not nearly as deep. I breathe out the pain from my lungs and continue onward; it is of no concern at the moment. My feet seek the earth, clawing my way forward in a terrain that was foreign. I am a child of the sky, not this crimson dirt. I feel caged here on the ground, but I have little option fighting against one so bound to it. The skies would give me little comfort, either, with her sword swinging violently about. The last thing I want: my entrails laced around that ugly spear on her head.

I have no better option than to turn sharply, heading back in the direction of my foe's right midsection. Lowering my head, I charge onward, using the advantage of my better speed an agility against my lummox of a foe to eat the small distance I had formed between us. I tilt left, a small angle, bringing my front hooves in line with her hip and the front of her right back leg. At the last moment, I halt, pulling my front legs off of the crimson earth. My left hind groans under more pressure, irritating my former injury, but holds under my will. I swing my front hooves violently toward the cannon and knee of the black hag. I could live if injury came to my legs, for my wings would support me still. Those who were prisoners of the earth might not recover if their legs were crippled. Elizabeth was already my prisoner; I'm sure she wouldn't mind being caged in another way. Between the cloud of dust from my movements, an evil grin forms on my face.
""

[ 2/4; 756 words; 0/2 magic. ]

Messages In This Thread
SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Kri - 12-26-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Elizabeth - 12-29-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Kri - 12-30-2012, 09:53 PM
RE: SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Elizabeth - 12-30-2012, 11:34 PM
RE: SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Kri - 12-31-2012, 01:45 PM
RE: SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Elizabeth - 12-31-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Kri - 12-31-2012, 05:16 PM