the Rift

SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

I think her blind, maybe, as it would explain the snap of teeth I can hear behind me. My right turn had come only after a few paces of forward movement. The only chance of targeting me that ill-aimed bite had was catching the fleeting end of my tail. She proves again that my opponent is nothing but a slow, clumsy giant. Even with a sore ass, I am more nimble than she and twice as fast. My sharp turn goes quickly, straining muscles I only feel distantly. There is a time to be worn and tired, but it is not during the heat of battle, not here.

I notice as I charge upon her larger frame that her neck arches to meet me. She has once again overestimated her speed and underestimated our distance, her overly optimistic attack aimed toward my face falling short toward my backside. In a last ditch attempt to avoid cuts on my precious legs, I throw a neat little cow-kick to avoid breaking my stride, aiming for the soft end of her muzzle. The tip of her horn is uncomfortably close to my back-end for a moment, and then she swings her head violently next to my tail and cutting the inner portion of my thigh lightly as my hooves return to the earth. The soft meat is delicate, and a sting of pain floods my mind before I push it back. So close to my enemy, with her hind end fleeting even as my front hooves rise up, I have no room to be distracted by needless things such as pain. Let my wounds worry me another time, for now I have to ruin this bitch's feeble life.

I have no time to relish in victory as my hooves meet her gaskin. The attack she plans next suggests that after my hooves strike her flesh, I would stand like a sitting duck beside an angry unicorn. Foolish bitch, I think, even as my hooves fall upon the red earth; I continue to race forward. My pause during the attack had apparently given her time to miraculously turn her mountain of a body around, though I would hardly say that Elizabeth is quick enough to match me in speed, especially when I already have forward momentum on my side. Nay, her horn is nowhere near my neck, as I had just finished carving the dolt's back leg with my hooves, which now race forward. I slip from her grasp, hearing the whistle her horn makes as it cuts through air. I resist the urge to laugh, turn to face her and allow her to actually see me before she wastes energy on more useless attacks, but I refrain.

Instead of making it easier for this overgrown filly who thinks herself a warrior, why not make it harder?

I begin to call upon a dark wind, condensing the air around her in a magic she would know all too well. The air surrounding Elizabeth becomes heavier, gravity pushing down on her large frame as I slip away. The only sound of bones snapping will be her own. The thickness of the air would only impinge movement at first but then begin to hurt. I race onward unaffected by the tightening of the air, beyond her reach. The rest of her attempted attacks fall unnoticed in a trail of dust I leave behind. The seed of a plan grows. Weary of darting away from the ashen ogre, I beat my wings as I slow to a trot and turn on my weakening hind end. Dust plumes, forming in massive clouds around me, hiding me from the eyes of the world.

I take a much needed breath in the eye of the sandstorm before cantering onward. I continue to the area in which my magic had likely held Elizabeth prisoner, letting go of the powerful wind that was draining precious energy to hold the air in a denser array. I lift my body from my air slightly, raising above the height I estimated my opponent to be, erasing the sound of my hoof falls. The wind around my face kept the air around me clean, but I had no promises for the unicorn below. I dive downward through the cloud of red dust, aiming for where I thought her barrel might be, hooves extended outward to stab at her spine before I would cross cleanly over. I am not one to resort to stealth often, but if I manage to give Elizabeth a larger headache than I already have, I would be much happier.
""

[ 3/4; 799 words; 1/2 magic. ]

Messages In This Thread
SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Kri - 12-26-2012, 09:56 PM
RE: SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Elizabeth - 12-29-2012, 07:15 PM
RE: SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Kri - 12-30-2012, 09:53 PM
RE: SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Elizabeth - 12-30-2012, 11:34 PM
RE: SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Kri - 12-31-2012, 01:45 PM
RE: SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Elizabeth - 12-31-2012, 03:37 PM
RE: SUBMISSION. [CHALLENGE -- Elizabeth] - by Kri - 12-31-2012, 05:16 PM