the Rift

Pages Turned [Aitheria, Lynx, Svetlana]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

The act of leaving the Throat still laid heavy on his shoulders, but the tawny stallion still pressed on. He had walked, not run, from the hot sands of the desert, his stance steady and self assured. No matter how many Gods, Generals, or Sultanas, spit at him, he would not run. His mind was clear, maybe clearer than it had ever been, despite the grief that came with leaving one's home. It was as if someone had splashed cold water across his face and yelled wake up! The God of the Sun had said, "Not until you rise like a warrior and claim what is yours will you be recognized". The phrase was something he'd taken to heart, rather than the rest of the deity's outburst. He could have little respect for the Sun God now, for he was clearly plagued with mortal anger. Still, the God's threat of a curse would set anyone uneasy, but if he really wanted them to suffer, why not kill them then? Was a God's power not strong enough to just render all who angered him writhing in pain?

The golden had reached the most far Northern part of the meadow, a great deal away from the Throat and all its bitterness. Ember had been flying a short distance above him the entire time, watching him with concerned eyes. They still could not share language, but the eagle had seen her bonded be confronted by many angry pegasi, and it was not hard to tell that things were wrong. Descending with ease from the air, she landed upon his aureate hide, black clawed feet careful on his skin. She cooed softly, as a mother bird might to its chick, and began to preen strands of flaxen mane. A sigh fell from his maw, and the LionHeart turned back to look for his friends. He had not left the Throat alone, and the knowledge was both warming and sorrowful. With a somber expression, he began. "Friends." Deep chords paused, pain falling gently across his features. "The Sun God claims to have put a curse upon us, but I have not seen it manifest yet. I will protect you in any way that I can from his wrath." He spoke, truth and determination clear in his words. "However, if you fear the Sun God's curse, I would not blame you for leaving me now. If you have the heart and mind to stay and continue a new path with me, we have much to discuss."

Messages In This Thread
Pages Turned [Aitheria, Lynx, Svetlana] - by Leander - 12-27-2012, 03:52 PM
RE: Pages Turned [Aitheria, Lynx, Svetlana] - by Svetlana - 12-27-2012, 05:58 PM
RE: Pages Turned [Aitheria, Lynx, Svetlana] - by Svetlana - 12-27-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: Pages Turned [Aitheria, Lynx, Svetlana] - by Rapha - 01-03-2013, 06:14 PM