the Rift

Pages Turned [Aitheria, Lynx, Svetlana]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I listen to him, and my anger softens. "I did not mean so, Leander. I meant of eventualities and what-nexts." I do not comment more on such. "I would join their ranks no more than you would." Does he wonder, I think to myself, of what may happen in the future? I know I am ambitious and vain at times. I do not lie to myself. Things have changed, and as the god had told me, I still had that "foolish pride". Stupid. Does the god not read otherwise of me? If he can see my thoughts and understand them, does he not understand my history, my honour, how once I was silver and now I am tarnished? Idiot. I have no respect for gods who abandon their worshippers.

"Of course." I say, wondering which was Aitheria and which was Lynx. I would guess Aitheria as the mare who thought she was in sole possession of Leander's girl relationships. Ha! I have not feeling for intimate loving between the two of us. Love has only become something to be scorned, at least for now. Khan's love had not stopped the jury throwing me from the skies and having me hit the ground hard.

I listen in silence as he speaks of finding a homeland. I want to cry out and say 'idiot- there is no homeland for us to live in, only those already existing, otherwise the Qian would not have overthrown the Edge', but to say so would only be letting my anger take hold of me, and so instead, I refrain from letting sarcasm entering my words. "Maybe so, but I feel we must, eventually, invade. I would like just as much as you to find a homeland to call home peacefully, but to do so would be difficult, for otherwise the Qian would not have invaded the Edge. Which is why I suggested finding a home in the Basin, of course not with the unicorns already living there. The Basin is a common enemy we can use to unite those with us and drive them out again. Then again, we can decide, with Lynx and Aitheria and others who may join our number, when the time comes. There is a place and time for that, and it is not yet."

I move away from him towards the river pure, and begin to drink. My muscles are tired and I feel a pain in my stomach from when I have not drunk enough, and flying is tiring, especially flying from a spar with a horse. Then again, I had chosen a roundabout route, searching for Leander, for we had things to speak of.

I guess I should, maybe, tell him of what occurred in the Foothills. "Kri, if perhaps in need of some anger help, is a strong fighter. It would do well to make amends with her if we so want to eventually find a home." I struggle to make the next, humbling words come from my mouth. "The Foothills Chief Jackal drove me from the Foothills when I tried to return and ask for those who wanted to come with me. However, I would hope Archibald and Evers will side with me and help us." Again, I pause, lifting my head from the sparkling water. "So of the four herds, two are possibly not with us."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pages Turned [Aitheria, Lynx, Svetlana] - by Svetlana - 12-27-2012, 05:58 PM
RE: Pages Turned [Aitheria, Lynx, Svetlana] - by Svetlana - 12-27-2012, 07:21 PM
RE: Pages Turned [Aitheria, Lynx, Svetlana] - by Rapha - 01-03-2013, 06:14 PM