the Rift

My Bleeding Heart, In Your Hands [Closed, Phaedra]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

It seemed like an eternity had passed before Tolio spoke. Phae could feel her body shake and tense as she stood, feeling like a ship tossed at sea, and having no firm bearings to latch onto. Surely Tolio thought she was mad - they barely knew each other but...but this feeling was so tangible, that it was not to be ignored. Couldn't he understand that? Couldn't he...But her mind allowed her to be placed in his shoes, as she thought of Levi, and his request to speak with her privately. She saw the flirtatious looks he shot her, but moreso she noticed the lingering stares, the way he seemed to be affected when they touched could he...possibly be in love with her? And what would she do, if that situation presented itself, as she was now forcing on Tolio? Actually, she had no idea. It felt fast...uncertain. Her body softened as she wandered along this line of reasoning. Tolio must feel completely bombarded by this selfish announcement on her part. He was probably wishing that she had simply kept this information to herself, leaving them to simply be. But instead, something forcefully within her compelled her to speak to him, to tell him. She owed him a thousand apologies, if only he would speak.

As his head raised to look at her, time seemed to suddenly stop. Before, time was passing, only it seemed unbearably slow. Now however, everything seemed frozen in space, except the two of them. I…Phae…I-I love you too…I just… Oh my Gods.. She thought. Here it was. The friend zone speech. She felt her heart start to flutter in preparation for the heartache, but it never came. Shocked? He was shocked? Well...well, that wasn't outright rejection. Shocked... She could work with that. Before her mind could formulate a plan and decide what exactly being "shocked" might entail, he was moving towards her. She felt her body stiffen again, as if she expected him to attack her. Her eyes were wide with wonder and hope as he moved closer, and as if in a dream, she felt his neck against her flank. It was all she could do, to not drop to her knees right then and there. Without realizing that she had been holding her breath, she suddenly exhaled a single sob into his neck, as fresh tears began to flow. But these tears did not sting her eyes, as her rage had caused them to do earlier. No. These tears felt calming, healing. As if all of her anger could flow out of her, all of her mistakes could simply be washed away.

Standing there, hidden in the grove with him, was euphoric. In that moment, Phae didn't think she had ever truly felt so wonderful. Her heavy heart was suddenly lifted - the weight born by the lovely cinnamon stallion. He was there for her now, even if he hadn't been before, and suddenly everything seemed right. Nothing could match this feeling of climax, of joy. She arched her next towards him, eagerly returning his embrace. She buried herself against him, allowing her tears to be absorbed by his warm body. She inhaled his scent, as if it were the only thing keeping her alive. She gently raised her tawny wings, wrapping the one closest to him, up and over his withers, the other in front of his chest, to fully embrace him. Although she was smaller, and even slenderer than He, it was all she could do to hold him close. "I'm so sorry" She whispered as soon as her throat would let her, mumbling the words into his soft coat.

Standing there, she wondered what would happen next. She wanted to be by his side - after the past few days, and the incredible distance their fight had put between them, she couldn't bear to be without him. But...if he had joined the Basin, he would surely be cast out for even a friendship with a pegasus, even one who had offered assistance to Psyche's group. Later... her mind cooed, urging her simply to enjoy the moment.

Stella, however, was not enjoying this moment. Things had grown far too quiet. She had buttoned-up as soon as the two started yelling, but now that things appeared to be alright, she was annoyed that they were just standing there. Flapping her wings loudly onto the water, using the large flat side to create the most noise, Stella glared at them both. Chittering, she cupped water with her wings, and flung it in their direction, and although it didn't go far enough to reach either of them, her point was clear. Play with me!.

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Bleeding Heart, In Your Hands [Closed, Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 01-06-2013, 09:08 PM