Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

The sudden sound of a dog barking in the vicinity immediately set the stallions nerves on edge, and with ears pending nervously he raised th head higher to find the source of the bark. A black shadow ambled quickly over the green grasses, carrying something in the mouth, and with eyes narrowed from suspicion and curiosity he began to follow it at a respectful distance.

It didn't look like a wild dog. Not nearly scruffy enough, and on its own, in a place very unsuitable for dens, what with the muddy ground caused by spring rains.

And sure enough, much as he has guessed, the mutt wasn't very wild. It returned to a black stallion sprawled out on the ground. Whether he was resting or not was impossible to tell - at least there were no visible wounds - but something about the way he refrained from rising even when a stranger came close made the skin on Lace's back crawl. With Fajira landing on his back while hungrily eying the rabbit in the dogs mouth, the Edger stopped with a few strides to spare to the black colt and arched the neck in a polite greeting.

"I don't mind" he replied, polite at first but increasingly reserved - desperately attempting to contain the horror and disgust he felt upon seeing the boy begin consuming the dead animal. The scent of blood and gore made the black-laced ears fold back tightly over the poll, velvet nose tightening into sharp, thin creases as he tried not to smell the carcass; "Maybe I should apologize instead, for interrupting your.. meal.. "

He had to look away as bile of nausea rose at the back of the throat. What kind of madness drove a horse to consume the flesh of a living creature? Surely it couldn't be hunger, he didn't want it to be hunger; not when he lay casually sprawled in a sea of grass, there for the taking.

Before he even had time to consider his options, the barred legs of the grulla began to pull him backwards, away from this abhorrent creature. His neck was sweating now, dampened by a fear he couldn't explain as gilded eyes rolled in an attempt at watching both the horse and the dog at the same time. The sound of ripping flesh made him want to scream in terror; he was surprised to find the voice so calm, so steady as he spoke to excuse himself.

"My bad, really. I think I shall be going now... Have a good day."

It was an accomplishment of him not to run once his back was turned on the ominous pair. Instead Lace began to walk with every muscle in his body tense as a coiled feather, prepared to launch him into a mad gallop if Fajira gave even the slightest squeak in warning.

He didn't want to ask this nightmarish creature anything. No magic possessed by the stranger would make up for the sight he'd had to behold - a sight he wanted to unsee so badly that the silvery horse almost was prepared to claw his own eyes out, would it only make the memory disappear from his head.

No thank you. Not today. Not ever.

[OOC: Okay, so that didn't go as planned... xD ]

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
a matter of fact [Quest, Knox] - by Lace - 12-28-2012, 12:40 PM
RE: a matter of fact [Quest, Knox] - by Knox - 12-28-2012, 06:51 PM
RE: a matter of fact [Quest, Knox] - by Lace - 12-30-2012, 11:17 AM