Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

From the dawn of time, to the end of days
I will have to run, away
I want to feel the pain, and the bitter taste
Of the blood on my lips, again

Paladin could not help but smile at Lace's exuberance, and the emotion was oddly infectious. The stallion caught the bug of this mood, and arched his neck in response when the golden-backed one drew near. Such a wide smile was not a greeting he was used to receiving, and the Valiant chuckled, smiling back and bowing his head in a noble greeting. The black dun listened to the other's words, taking them in with an excited quiver in his soul. Battle? Was that indeed what he meant by a bout? Because if so...

"I have experienced much a day like what you are feeling, when your hooves seem to take a path of their own and the beating of your heart will not slow." He returned the cordial greeting, lightly touching his scarred muzzle to Lace's nostrils exhaling strongly. Any being for equality, with a personality as boisterous as Lace's was not just a friend, but a brother. Patiently and with interest, Paladin stood still and proud while the grullo related the tales of Helovia, and the stallion furrowed his brows curiously. The web-faced one apologized, and the Valiant quickly shook his head. "No need, I have not heard of these tales. Since the elections, I have been... wandering. Curious that there is another god, but ever since the Tome Guardian wanted my lover's heart, I am wary of any being with that much power."

The black dun's expression darkened when he remembered the wicked, vile creature who should have died long ago wanting Soleil's heart. He hoped that bastard had rotted in hell, eaten by shadows. "Knowing that my sisters have procured themselves a new herdland however is most disturbing news, indeed." The Valiant knew what darkness lay in those once loving hearts, as he had once reveled in their madness. "Ah, but no matter. Such shadowed speech is not warranted among friends, not on this day." Paladin grinned back at Lace, though he did not know why. Something about his excitement seemed to grab hold of the charcoal stallion's mind and give it new life.

The grin turned into a playful scowl however as the dragon that made him wary taunted him by flying just out of reach. Ebony ears tilted to the side, and he snorted at the white creature before raising a brow at Lace. The Valiant trusted his friend, however, and he could not help but admire the creature's personality. Paladin liked to tell himself that he did not fear dragons, but rather had a healthy respect for them; he was lying to himself, of course- trying to save a fragile, male ego. "Her spirit is commendable," he replied with a small smile. "But I am wary of their power." As he slowly smiled again, he could feel that scars that stretched through his eye and down his face, neck, and shoulder tense.

With a snort and a toss of his head, Paladin took three, swift steps back and tensed his muscles, testing the way they shifted beneath his ebony hide. "You want a bout then? I eagerly await your challenge..." he trailed, rolling his shoulders and lowering his neck ever so slightly. Like a true warrior and tactician, he took to the hardened sand, just where the water kissed the beach. Paladin was used to fighting in this climate, on beaches, and he watched the golden-eyed friend with a hawkish, keen gaze. All of his old habits fell easily into place, like the whisper of a well oiled machine.

[OOC: :D Definitely should thread after this.]

ABOVE ALL ELSE, EQUALITY

Messages In This Thread
Equality for the win [Paladin] - by Lace - 12-28-2012, 02:06 PM
RE: Equality for the win [Paladin] - by Paladin - 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM
RE: Equality for the win [Paladin] - by Lace - 12-28-2012, 04:41 PM
RE: Equality for the win [Paladin] - by Paladin - 12-28-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: Equality for the win [Paladin] - by Lace - 12-28-2012, 06:12 PM
RE: Equality for the win [Paladin] - by Paladin - 01-08-2013, 04:43 PM
RE: Equality for the win [Paladin] - by Official - 01-29-2013, 02:28 PM