the Rift

There'll be peace when you are done [Practise Spar, Aisha] - JUDGE PLEASE

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Phae watched with interest as the black mare pranced her way, her green gaze hungrily taking in the mares appearance, mentally recording her stats. She was likely about 3 inches shorter than Phae, but with a sturdier build. The mare looked as though she had some morgan in her, which completely contrasted Phae’s svelte Arabian lineage. Hello. Do you dare spar with me? The mare quipped, winking at Phae. Snorting, Phae curled her muzzle in a curt nod. She looked to Stella and tossed her head to the trees, indicating the little bird would have to wait on the sidelines.

So. This was it, her first spar.

Phae felt a rush of adrenaline course through her body, making her feel as though she was unbeatable. Surely this was how all fighters felt, stepping into the ring, and Phae was no exception. Her limbs felt fluid, making her feel confident. She smirked as the darker mare reared into the air before she came thundering towards Phae - Could you be any more predictable? She thought smugly as if she were some old pro. She lightly stepped to her right, almost dancing as her opponent charged by her, horn lowered like some brutal dagger. Too caught up in the thrill of avoiding the first of Aisha’s attacks, Phae was unaware that her opponent had deftly changed directions only a few strides after passing her. Phae would have assumed after her initial rearing-demonstration, that the mare would not attack again without more showmanship. She felt the disturbance of the air as Aisha bucked in her direction. However the dark unicorn failed to take two crucial pieces of information into account: Surely she must have known Phae would step to the right of such an obvious attack? Thus putting Phae farther away from the mare, than she likely anticipated. The second bit of information was that Phae was several inches taller than she, causing the result to be thus: As Aisha spun about and straightened herself out, she ended up perpendicular to Phae; her hooves swung out behind the sooty palomino, missing her completely. The dark mares muscular haunches however, connected as momentum brought the two mares together. As their bodies hit, Phae immediately pulled away, stunned by the blow. This amount of distance afforded Phae a moment to view the dark mare circling back in, as if she meant to bite her flank.

Being a winged beast, Phae instinctively sought her wings for support: her left wing jutted out swiftly, although not fully extended. Her feathered metacarpals and digits still pointed back at her flank, allowing only the hard bones of her wing joint to be aimed at the thick muscles of the mares neck. With luck she would pinch a nerve there, but at the very least the angle of Aisha’s circle towards Phae should knock her off balance.

Hopefully having knocked the mare off balance, Phae instinctively sought an offensive attack. Using her wings once again to her advantage, she beat them twice easing the transition onto her back legs, the muscle in her left hindquarter flaring with pain as she did so. As Aisha was already in close proximity, she lost no time in aiming her hooves for the mares spine, even if Aisha was quick to attack, her hooves should still find a mark somewhere. In the air, the moment seemed to slow for Phae. She saw the dark hide of Aisha grow with spectacular clarity, and for a moment, she fancied it was Faelene who now stood beneath her falling hooves. With this renewed rage, Phae’s wings folded together in the air reducing air-resistance and increasing her momentum, as she leapt forward and attempted to slam her hooves onto Aisha’s back.

[WC: 620

Character Summary: Phae easily steps to the right of Aisha’s running charge, but doesn’t notice in time that Aisha has immediately turned around to attack again. As Phae was already to the right of Aisha, and taller, her hooves don’t connect, but as their bodies come together, Aisha’s extended legs connect with Phae’s left hip, basically Charlie-horsing it. As Aisha circles around to bite Phae, she extends the boney part of her wing into Aisha’s neck, hopefully injuring her, but at the very least knocking her off balance. Hopefully, unbalanced, Phae uses her wings to swiftly rear into the air, and uses the momentum to lunge forward driving her hooves hopefully onto Aisha’s back.

Attack 1/3
Defense 0]

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: There'll be peace when you are done [Practise Spar, Aisha] - by Phaedra - 12-28-2012, 10:12 PM