the Rift

There'll be peace when you are done [Practise Spar, Aisha] - JUDGE PLEASE

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Suddenly, panic crept into Phae’s bones. How is she doing this?! Phae’s mind wondered desperately. First, Aisha had come charging at Phae at what she had thought was a quick pace, only to immediately halt, circle her and attack again. Now, similarly, as Phae’s wing jutted towards the dark mares neck, Aisha again immediately halted avoiding her attack completely. Had she really under estimated this mare so badly? Or perhaps Phae was simply much slower than she thought she was. In the air, there was no one faster, but perhaps on land, in this sort of arena, she wasn’t? She forced her mind to cease this line of thinking; if she was being slow, she would simply have to be faster.

As her wing had been unable to push Aisha off balance during the dark mare’s tight circle to Phae’s flank, the mare apparently had time to re-group and charge with her head once again lowered, in the time it took Phae to rear onto her hind legs, aided by her wings. As she watched the light bounce across Aisha’s horn, her mind was alerted to the sharpness of its tip. For the first time Phae realized that even though this was only a practice spar, she may still be seriously wounded. In a panic caused by her lack of formal training in this area, she resorted to the only skill that she did in fact have: flying. As her wings were already outstretched, having used their aid to propel her onto her hind legs, she cupped them somewhat, maximizing the amount of air they could displace, and swiftly pumped them to her sides. The motion was extremely taxing on her wing-muscles, as she forced her body to become as airborne as her muscles would allow. In her panic, she had forgotten the injury to the muscle in her hindquarter, where Aisha had bucked into her. As she leaped upwards, the muscle cramped and gave out - the Charlie-horsed-flesh hadn’t worked itself out yet, and the strain of lifting herself into the air from a standstill proved too great. She cried out, both in pain and fear, as her upward descent was badly thrown off by this, and instead of neatly flying over Aisha, her trajectory was cut short. Phae’s front hooves cleared Aisha’s lowered head easily, but her back end was not so lucky. Aisha’s horn sliced into her left rear canon bone, slicing nearly down to the bone itself, but having hit straight on, did not sever the ligaments there. Phae’s body tumbled forward as she tried to correct for the impact. Wings still raised, she tried to kick out with her hind right leg at Aisha’s back, as Phae clumsily continued over top of her, as the two sailed in opposite directions.

As she landed, she gasped for breath. She felt a flaring pain in her entire left back side now; her muscle was now tight and knotted. She needed to loosen the muscle to allow blood flow back into the area, but there was no time. Besides, increasing blood flow to her hip would also increase the amount which drained out of the large gash on her lower leg. Aren’t you supposed to keep wounds elevated? How was she supposed to do that, in the middle of a spar? The wound was open and raw, but luckily there was little fatty tissue or muscle on the bone, which reduced the amount of blood, which was starting to seep out.

[WC: 665

Character Summary: Phae attemps to fly over Aisha to avoid her attack but due to how close Aisha already is, and the previous wound she inflicted on Phae’s hindquarter, she can’t fly over her completely. As just jumps/fly’s, her front hooves clear Aisha, but her back don’t and Aisha’s horn cuts into the bone on her back left leg. She tries to kick at Aisha’s back with her right leg as she glides over top of her.

Attacks 2/3
Defence 0/1]

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: There'll be peace when you are done [Practise Spar, Aisha] - by Phaedra - 01-01-2013, 02:09 PM