the Rift

Black god for my black heart. [moon god]

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex

MANDRAKE
don't cross me, for your own safety

It was raining. The sky was crying, splattering the rock with tears as I finally arrived at the rock jutting out over the iron gray ocean frothing off-white. There was a fierce wind picking up, the sort of wind that sent the waves scuttling and rushing, the wind that roared in your ears and sent the rain stinging into your eyes. But I had traveled two, three weeks now to get here, going slowly as well, taking my leisurely time, yet even so, it would not do for a little rain to send me back.

So instead of hesitating at the bridge that glistens wetly with ocean spray, I begin to trot across it, hooves clattering even in midst of the howling tsunami beginning around me. My black mane, soaked through, whips my eyes and clings to my sodden gray skin, my hide that matches the filthy gray ocean. Yet nothing can match the coldness of my heather eyes, nothing, not ice or snow or the gods themselves.

Up I climb, the wind building in its cries, but I am more relentless when I have a goal than the ocean is intent on hitting the shore. No wind or rain or other element will stop me from doing this. Perhaps it is a god, one of the known ones or a different one, trying to ward me off, but I refuse to be swayed unless the force that may be behind such a howling storm materializes before me. So I continue my climb, mane sticky and cold, tail knotted and curled, and up and up I do climb, until the world is lost in gray shadow as the sun sets. As I seek the Moon God, I find it only proper I should call upon her in her proper element.

I finally rise to the top, where the three shrines lay in waiting. No... four. Four? I wonder... it does not matter. I wait until the sun is gone completely, until the wind has stilled even though the spitting rain continues its descent. Finally, I approach, and lift my head up. Rain stings my eyes and clouds my vision, but I search the skies for a coming horse.

"Moon God!" I call out, neither loud nor quiet, for a god will hear me or ignore me regardless of my wants and wishes.

[DARK :: To be able to say a pain (i.e. burn) and the horse would feel that. As an upgrade, the ability in which Mandrake says the pain it becomes alive- so if she said broken bone, a bone would break.]

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
Black god for my black heart. [moon god] - by Mandrake - 12-28-2012, 07:43 PM