the Rift

Handy Dandy Lies [Lace]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I have found that those who share a bond with a companion are more at ease with my method of communication. Their patience wears longer and their minds are sharper to draw connections with what goes unspoken but still said. I know little of companions, no one ever having taken the time to explain them to me, which is likely in part because I have never shown a great deal of interest, but I know that their communication is limited. A separate language of sorts must be created when two completely different species need to understand and relate with each other. I guess in a way, I'm my own sort of unique species then.

A mute.

Relief floods my gaze as Lace's lips crack in a genuine smile. He is a kind stallion, this I know, but now it is decided. He understand me easily and I find myself glancing at the pale dragon perched on him, almost thankful for her. He speaks for a while and I nod in responses to questions or statements. No magic, I understand. Wood? I shake my head. Perhaps easier but it wouldn't look quite so authentic, so I nod as he mentions a glass chain.

When we have finished detailing the item he delivers unto me a mission. I must admit I am surprised by this. I had assumed I came to him and told him what I wanted, and came back once he finished. A brief display of disappointment is sure to cross my visage, but I scour it away quickly with agreement. I am not against doing labor for what I seek, though I've no more skill at digging in dirt than speaking. I trust that Lace is not a type to send me after an errant goose, so I am sure that the Heart must be such a bounty of gems that I'll trip over them as soon as I get there.

I give him a final look before tilting my head in farewell. As my muzzle lifts it melts into ink. My body becomes a pool of black substance, soon enough shaped into a flock of sparrows. I take to my wings and dart into the mists, a gentle spray of the black water caught in the trail of fog that swirls behind me. I am anxious to fulfill my end of the agreement. I ponder what color of stone I would most enjoy as I leave the World's Edge.
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Handy Dandy Lies [Lace] - by Ink - 12-29-2012, 03:41 AM
RE: Handy Dandy Lies [Lace] - by Lace - 12-29-2012, 04:48 AM
RE: Handy Dandy Lies [Lace] - by Ink - 12-30-2012, 12:48 AM
RE: Handy Dandy Lies [Lace] - by Lace - 12-30-2012, 08:04 AM
RE: Handy Dandy Lies [Lace] - by Ink - 12-31-2012, 05:23 PM