the Rift

What is in a name?

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

I WILL LIVE FOR YOU

He still cannot believe his victory against the painted draft. She had come with high hopes of freeing his prisoner, the Weyrleader of the World's Edge. It's amazing that she has been otherwise unharmed by his herdmates, for he considers them nothing more, but he is unsure the reason. Unlike their general, he is not dark and intimidating, holding a promise of death within his golden eyes. Even if he had warded off the mare, he could not, and would not fend off another attacker. If someone else came, then let them have Mirage.

Standing outside the mouth of the cave had grown rather boring since capturing the Dragonheart, leaving him with a dreadful amount of time to think. Oh, he never knew where to start... Why was he here in the Basin, surrounded by racist unicorns? Most of them already regarded him with a look of disgust, and as of late, he had begun to look at them just the same. Why had he not left already, and gone to seek Romani? The words had not been spoken as of yet, but he was sure that, yes, he was in love with the palomino. Her heart, her desire to do what was right, and her love for her herd... It inspired him, drove him to keep going. Perhaps not the most wise of decisions, but he did not plan to stay much longer. He would wait, biding his time until only the the most opportune moment arose.

It had been an otherwise normal day in the Basin, full of boredom and self loathing for the grullo stallion. The sun had said it's farewells and dipped behind the towering mountains just a short while ago, enveloping the land with darkness. The full moon high above, however, provided ample lighting for the beings living beneath it. The aurora borealis was a spectacular phenomena to behold, something that Xanthos would miss if he were to leave this land, but it would be worth leaving behind if it meant freedom.

Suddenly, there was a voice, and the grullo instantly recognized it as Mirage's. Perhaps he had grown lazy in his guarding duties, or even uncaring, for he had not heard her until now, when she was stepping out from the cave. With a start he found himself moving a few steps away from her, from this dragon, who couuld only be Mirage. Akaith looked beyond joyous to be clinging to one of the many horns that protruded from the reptilian form of his prisoner. Inhaling a deep breath, Xanthos found it in himself to plant his feet deep into the ground, ignoring any instinct to run. He'd never seen something like this before, and if not for Mirage's surprisingly kind, yet rumbling voice, he might have run away. This was why she was regarded as the Dragonheart.

He swallowed thickly as he mulled over her words, and managed to put himself in a more relaxed position, even if her impressive wingspan was admittedly intimidating. "Of what do you wish to speak?" He finally spoke up, his own voice void of any ill emotion. Now, he was simply curious, wondering just what on earth this great leader would want with him. She could snatch him up and tear him to pieces, or simply take to the skies and fly away, yet she wanted to talk to him. "Please, tell me; I do not wish to hold you here any longer, Mirage, and I will not stop you should you wish to return home."

Silly words, indeed, for who would not want to return to their home, to their loved ones? Besides, it wasn't like he could hold her here against her will any longer.

BEFORE I DIE

Credits

Messages In This Thread
What is in a name? - by Mirage - 12-29-2012, 04:12 AM
RE: What is in a name? - by Xanthos - 12-29-2012, 05:46 AM
RE: What is in a name? - by Mirage - 12-29-2012, 09:40 AM
RE: What is in a name? - by Xanthos - 12-29-2012, 10:05 PM
RE: What is in a name? - by Mirage - 12-30-2012, 02:46 AM