the Rift

Praise. [sun god]

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni</style>
      if i fall, will you catch me?</style>

The uncertainty on the God's face made Onni's sky blue eyes avert from his golden, perfectly carved face. The sky had no business looking toward the Sun, anyway, it only served as a backdrop for the beautiful light provided by the world's most precious star. It was then the reality of her brash attempt to pull advice from this deity who had important tasks to finish came slamming into her conscious thought like a freight train. Her eyes widen as they stare past the deity, settling for the liquid light that drips from his mane, forming in gentle pools at his cloven hooves, seemingly dipped in gold. Why was she here speaking directly to a God?

This hatred that had crept into her chest was the reason, but did that not make her all the less qualified to stand in the presence of a God symbolizing all of the pure light in the world? She could cower from him now, flee his presence, but the arrogance of her actions was already settled. Shyly, she looks up from behind pure white eyelashes, seeing the soft clench of his Throat just before speaking. Immediately, her attention is usurped by his powerful yet quiet voice. Onni's eyes remain widened as they search this close space for his own bright eyes, a small dark pupil surrounded by swirls of pure, burnished gold. He was helping her. With a smile, Onni reaffirms her belief that behind his cool demeanor and recent violent actions this past Tallsun, he was a kind soul. It was likely a thought the Sun God would scoff at and deny, but he could not fool the Shaman into thinking he was a beautiful creature with a dark, rotten core.

The shaman listens with rapt attention, keeping her eyes upon his face through the entirety of his speech, considering the words heavily. Who could not treat each word from a God as important? When he takes a pause, Onni takes the break of his eyes reaching far distances to gather her wits. She stares at the flickering flames at his wings, which were folded in a calm, elegant manner upon his back. Looking at the light that dances freely, the healer is running over her options. Voltaic had trained her well, and there was no doubt in Onni's mind that she could confidently face this foe in battle, even with his skills of poison. However, the way her heart clenched in her chest when she thought about using the violence that had pushed her here to stand and talk to a God about a foolish, mortal manner, Onni already knows her answer. She would not fight this stallion; she could not, even for the sake of Cera.

When the bright voice of the God calls out to her, she looks back toward his face, the shaman nods. "He truly is clever - poisoning my heart and thoughts in such a way they would match his own," she says quietly, giving the God a peaceful smile. "You are right, however. I should not indulge in the evils of others, unless I am prepared to become a stranger to myself." Bowing her head deeply to the golden figure before her, Onni prepares herself for the departure from the Veins. She had taken too much of the Sun's time already.

"Thank you very much, Father Sun," she says sweetly, quietly, a brush of wind. One last burst of cheeky courage allows for the last inquiry to slide from Onni's mouth, her face calm, despite the waver of her chest as her heartbeat began to race. "May I visit you again?"
""

image by redbeansandrice @ flickr.com</style>

Messages In This Thread
Praise. [sun god] - by Onni - 12-29-2012, 10:21 PM
RE: Praise. [sun god] - by God of the Sun - 12-30-2012, 01:22 AM
RE: Praise. [sun god] - by Onni - 12-30-2012, 09:23 PM
RE: Praise. [sun god] - by God of the Sun - 01-03-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: Praise. [sun god] - by Onni - 01-06-2013, 05:34 PM
RE: Praise. [sun god] - by God of the Sun - 01-09-2013, 11:50 PM