the Rift

Fatigue is my disease || Rowan

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit

Charred, limber legs moved with swift co-ordination, carrying at their tops the strong, athletic build of the General. Dreadlocked tail swung from the end of his dock, slapping at his thighs as he walked, half-heartedly chasing insects away from the droplets of sweat that beaded and cascaded down his flanks. The weather was getting warmer, though in the Throat, it was always warm. Now it was heating up, and soon, Azzuen knew it was be nearly unbearable to venture far from the Oasis that existed in its red centre.

Eyes of deep indigo peered at the landscape, thoughtfulness written all over the chiselled mask of the steed. There was much to consider in these trying times, of tested alliances and renewed foes. And yet, the General was not thinking of politics, or warfare, not completely, anyway. He was, as he so often did, thinking of his family, the souls he had sworn to protect, to treasure and provide for, always. A small frown creased his brow, as he recalled upon the most recent heated discussions he had experienced with his eldest daughter, Cirrus.

He so did not wish to see her fiery, vibrant light be aimed at battle, where enemies would grind away at her beauty, the beauty found in her nature and bodice alike. He did not wish to see the harshness of war shorten her life, nor did he wish to see the damage that making one's first, or second, or hundredth kill has upon one's soul. Azzuen was damaged, he was afflicted with many things, nightmares, constant worries, anxiety - and it was because of the warrior's path that he had carved out for himself.

A sigh expanded the ribs that held so many vital organs inside, released through nostrils that expanded so wide, salmon pink skin could be seen in their depths. He was walking west, for what reason, he could not even recall. He was not on duty, and his family sought company elsewhere, so he walked, the repetitive activity giving his body something to distract itself with, so that loneliness would not overwhelm the kind and ardent heart of his. For the first time in a long time, Azzuen felt tired.

[ For Rowan & anyone else too ^^ ]

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Fatigue is my disease || Rowan - by Ázzuen - 12-30-2012, 06:50 AM
RE: Fatigue is my disease || Rowan - by Rowan - 12-31-2012, 02:21 AM
RE: Fatigue is my disease || Rowan - by Ázzuen - 01-16-2013, 06:23 AM
RE: Fatigue is my disease || Rowan - by Ázzuen - 01-30-2013, 05:54 AM