Fatigue is my disease || Rowan

Cassiopeia Posts: 171
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 hands :: 8 years old
Phantom

trust your heart if the
seas catch fire

Perhaps she would respect your opinion more than mine

Cassiopeia doubted that. It wasn't that she didn't think Cirrus would respect her opinion, it's just that the way Cirrus revered her father was truly unsurpassable. Still, it wouldn't hurt to try. The dynamics of paternity and that of motherhood varied greatly, and perhaps he was right; she might be able to coax her into something more peaceful. A warm expression seized the chiseled panes of her face, her eyes wrinkled with adoration as she listened to the stallion speak. She shared in his pride, and marveled at the ardency that swelled within his eyes as he talked of their daughter. It was that very ardency which had earned him his title and also won him the star breather's heart.

She could do anything, I know this, and no matter what she does, she will be great at it. "How could she not? With such a wonderful father to guide her." Her ears flopped sideways blissfully as she sought to press her muzzle against his, cyan eyes flitting upward to behold the deep, swirling indigo of her lover's. "She looks up to you, you know. You should see the way she watches you when you're not looking." An endearing smile split her maw into a subtle arch. "Her eyes just follow you, and she has this expression of pure admiration; it's as if you are, to her, invincible." And in her eyes, he probably was. Cassiopeia hoped her words would help to further lighten his mood.

She turned to glance toward Rowan, only to find the Scholar gone, but Azzuen spoke before she could comment on it. Ears pricked forward as the black steed chose to migrate to the subject of their youngest daughter. "Yes." She said with a nod. "She's with her sister at the moment. Gods know what mischief they're getting themselves into." She said with a vague hint of worry, though mostly mirthful affection for the antics of youth, a short trill of laughter seeping from her plump lips. She found herself gazing briefly back toward the Oasis despite it being far beyond her plane of sight and hidden behind dunes of sand.

She trusted that Cirrus was a suitable governess for her little sister. Soon enough though, the lightning child would no longer need someone to watch over her. "It's unbelievable how fast she's growing. It feels as though it was only yesterday she was a weanling at my hooves." It was a bitter-sweet sentiment. It was both melancholy and marvelous to watch her children grow. On one end, she missed their juvenility (despite both of them still being rather young, she missed them as foals, sometimes) yet watching them grow and blossom was such a beautiful process.

Messages In This Thread
Fatigue is my disease || Rowan - by Ázzuen - 12-30-2012, 06:50 AM
RE: Fatigue is my disease || Rowan - by Rowan - 12-31-2012, 02:21 AM
RE: Fatigue is my disease || Rowan - by Ázzuen - 01-16-2013, 06:23 AM
RE: Fatigue is my disease || Rowan - by Ázzuen - 01-30-2013, 05:54 AM