the Rift

Nothing Gold Can Stay(open)

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

When the stallion jerked awake, Romani took a slight step back, startled and shamed that she had woken him from his sleep. He looked as if he needed his rest, and knowing that she had stolen that from him caused her stomach to twist guiltily. Little Kasai, who had been playing behind her haunches, abruptly scampered underneath the Haflinger’s protective girth in fear at the stallion’s quick moves, her small head peeking out from between Romani’s knees and curious blue eyes appraising the stranger. A small, harmless hiss escaped the feline’s lips. The red palomino brushed her leg against the cub to calm her fears.

“I’m terribly sorry, sir, I didn’t mean to wake you,” Romani began, blue eyes soft and smile turning somewhat apologetic, “but yes… Helovia is the land you stand in now. This is the Threshold, where all newcomers venture.” Before she could get much more out, another voice, this one deeper and unfamiliar, sang through the air and Romani’s head jerked to the side. Her ears tipped back slightly at the thought of potential danger, a warrior’s instinct, but when her eyes landed upon the arrival of another, the fear seemed short lived. A Pegasus, he looked like, but his wings were oddly sized… The way that the stallion held himself, however, signaled no form of a threat, and Romani felt herself relaxing. Kasai, still filled with the uncertainties of a youngling, remained where she was; half hidden beneath the Haflinger’s compact body.

“It is a beautiful day, stranger,” she said kindly, offering the Pegasus a welcoming smile. To her, his presence wasn’t unwanted. “And they’ll only grow more beautiful as time goes on, and I am well, thank you.” Glancing to the tobiano equine, her smile grew, azure eyes dancing in merriment. “Forgive me for being so rude, both of you; my name is Romani, warrior of the Windtossed Foothills, and this is Kasai.” Tipping her head slightly, she motioned to the white tiger cub that still hid beneath her barrel. “May I ask your names?”

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Keelin - 12-30-2012, 02:43 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Romani - 12-30-2012, 03:19 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Thor - 12-30-2012, 03:53 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Keelin - 12-30-2012, 04:47 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Romani - 12-30-2012, 05:11 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Keelin - 01-02-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Romani - 01-02-2013, 10:06 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Thor - 01-03-2013, 09:16 AM