the Rift

Nothing Gold Can Stay(open)

Keelin Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Keelin
Is my heart of gold?

Keelin gruffly muttered an uncommitted hello to the stallion, trying to show that he was offended by his appearance. Anger and fear were rising determinedly in Keelin's throat, and he fought them down with difficulty, wanting to deliver a swift biting remark to the stallion's flank. With a flick of his tail, he turned thi mind and body back to the mare.
"Helovia." He whispered to himself, feeling the weight of it on his tongue. It rolled slightly, and the sound of it tasted fresh in Keelin's mouth.
Yes, maybe he could like it here, even if there were stallions. Maybe he could try to belong somewhere.
He then weighed Romani's name in his mind. Gypsy. He wondered if she was like her name, always on the move, and cunning. After a moment, he remembered to introduce himself.

"Pardon my manners, miss," he said with a smile and a slight bow. "I am Keelin. Your humble servant. Would you, pray tell, know of anywhere I could stay for the night or, perhaps, longer?" He asked politely, and hoped that his desperation was hidden from his voice.

He was exhausted to the point where he felt that collapse would be a welcome release. A small hiss escaped from underneath Romani, and Keelin noticed for the first time that indeed, a tiger cub was in their midst. He recalled that Romani had introduced it, but he had been too distracted by the stallion to notice. He lowered his head to get a better look.
He always had a soft spot for babies.

Messages In This Thread
Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Keelin - 12-30-2012, 02:43 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Romani - 12-30-2012, 03:19 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Thor - 12-30-2012, 03:53 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Keelin - 12-30-2012, 04:47 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Romani - 12-30-2012, 05:11 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Keelin - 01-02-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Romani - 01-02-2013, 10:06 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Thor - 01-03-2013, 09:16 AM