the Rift

Nothing Gold Can Stay(open)

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

The stallion’s somewhat hostile responses to the Pegasus did not go unnoticed by Romani, but she refused to make any comments out loud about it. Did he have a problem with others stallions? Perhaps something had happened to him, in the past,that had scarred him from trusting other males? Honestly, to the Haflinger, the bay Pegasus didn’t look as if he wished to either of them harm, but then again she didn’t know the whole story.

‘Pardon my manners, miss. I am Keelin. Your humble servant.’ His words were flattering, and embarrassing, to hear, for Romani had done nothing of the sort to deserve them. He was humble, perhaps that was true, but there was no reason that he had to be a servant to one such as her. Shaking her head, the pretty mare smiled brightly, azure eyes swimming in kindness.

“It’s a pleasure. If you’re searching for a place to settle and rest, good Keelin, I would offer you the lands of my home; the Foothills of Helovia. It isn’t a far walk from the Threshold, and if it isn’t to your liking, you’re more than welcome to continue on your way.” There was no way of knowing if he would take her up on her offer, but she hoped that she would. While there was no doubt about the strength that Keelin obviously possessed, it was also clear that he needed to gain more weight, and catch up on his rest. Whatever had wounded him, physically or mentally, to reduce him to such a state would surely take some time to recover from. In her opinion the Foothills would be the best place for recovery. “There are many herds here in Helovia; the Foothills, the Edge, the Dragon’s Throat, and the Basin, but I fear that you won’t want to step foot in the Basin, for its home to the most racist of Unicorns.”

Beneath her compact body, trying to remain hidden, Kasai watched the stranger with wary eyes. She still didn’t know what to make of strangers, and oftentimes took to hiding beneath Romani’s thick legs whenever she felt threatened or in danger, as she was so obviously doing now. When the stallion eyed her, however, the cub merely watched on in silence. There didn’t seem to be any sort of threat emanating from the new equine, and so with a tentative step, the little cub finally pulled herself free of the Haflinger’s protective stature. The cub’s little pink nose and whiskers twitched as she smelled the stallion, tail beginning to sway before a soft purr left her throat. Perhaps this new equine would be so kind as to play with her?

Romani chuckled and lowered her neck, pressing her nose into Kasai’s furry neck with an affectionate nudge. “She likes you, I think… Normally she stays well-hidden from strangers.” Lifting her head once more, forelock falling gracefully back onto her face to cover her azure eyes, she looked back to Keelin. “So… What do you say? Will you come with me?”

[OOC: Linds, I hope it’s alright that we skipped you… XD]

Messages In This Thread
Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Keelin - 12-30-2012, 02:43 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Romani - 12-30-2012, 03:19 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Thor - 12-30-2012, 03:53 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Keelin - 12-30-2012, 04:47 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Romani - 12-30-2012, 05:11 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Keelin - 01-02-2013, 03:07 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Romani - 01-02-2013, 10:06 PM
RE: Nothing Gold Can Stay(open) - by Thor - 01-03-2013, 09:16 AM