the Rift

Striking rock but hitting GOLD [Open]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

As Levi moved closer, Phae tilted her head flirtatiously, her eye lashing batting slightly. Phae, watch this… Curiously, she followed his gaze to the broken bits of stone which suddenly fractured into thousands of tiny pieces. Tensing slightly as they began to move towards her, she wondered if Levi would again be carried away and wound her in the process of demonstrating his new magic. As they moved into different shapes, gradually becoming like waves on the beach, the sooty palomino grinned; amazed at the command that Levi now seemed to have over his new magic. Idly, she wondered what he had done to attain such power - had he completed a quest for the God's as she had done? Or was it simply…bestowed upon him? Either way, she was genuinely impressed.

As the grains drifted away from them, gently falling back from where they came, Phae sensed that Levi finally felt mentally prepared enough to tell her what he had come here to say. She could sense it on him - the excitement and hesitation. He was not the first to approach her like this - she had watched many stallions try and impress her before professing their love; had seen many fumble over their words as they strained to say what they believed she wanted to hear. How would Levi fair? For she was now absolutely certain that her inklings regarding Levi's odd behaviour were correct. Gently, with kind eyes and a warm smile, she listened as Levi recounted how his affection for her had begun; of her beauty and their friendship. As he explained away his actions with Pluto, Phae squashed the urge to reprimand him again. So much time had passed since that day - what was the point?

I love you. He finally managed, then clarified by saying that he was in love with her. Phae smiled; for as often as stallions professed their love for her, you would think she would merely take it in stride. However, she genuinely appreciated their affections and their efforts to win her over. Her sparkling gaze washed over him, as she lost herself in quite contemplation of his words. Beautiful, fun, daring, smart…perfect? Those were the words Levi chose to describe her. Closing her eyes, she sighed quietly before settling her gaze on him again. Was he in love with her? Maybe.But did he truly love her? Phea thought not - He hardly knew her, for all the times that they ran into one another, what did he really know about her? Almost nothing it seemed, by the adjectives he used to describe her. She had the feeling that if she turned him away now, that he would find another mare soon enough, and be just as swept away with her as he believed he was with Phae right now. That was the difference between stallion's like Levi, and stallions like Tolio. Levi, she believed, wanted to love someone so much, that if Phae was not the one, he would find someone else. Whereas Tolio who also wanted a love, would wait for the right one to come along, and not digress from that path. Yes - if she turned Levi away now, he would find someone else. You do not truly love me, she thought a little sadly, as she looked at him.

Smiling, she extended her muzzle to gently graze his cheek; holding it there for a moment before pulling away. "My sweet Levi." She said finally, her voice soft and silky. She did quite adore the grullo stallion, and was impressed by his magic and his new rank within the Throat. Phaedra, I also have something for you. For showing me the ways of life and helping me be the stallion I am today. You changed my life for the better and sorry for pushing this on you all in one day. You don't need to tell me your answer right away either... I can wait. Tilted her head with piqued interest, her muzzle broke into a smile again. Phaedra was female, and like most mares, adored presents. Ears pricked forward, her eyes sparkled with curiosity. "For me? You didn't need to do anything for me, Levi" She murmured demurely.

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: Striking rock but hitting GOLD [Adeamus/Open] - by Adeamus - 01-03-2013, 09:08 PM
RE: Striking rock but hitting GOLD [Open] - by Phaedra - 01-27-2013, 02:48 PM