the Rift

[FALLS] Long and Dark December

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

“Oh, and we shall go, carry on those wondrous souls. From the tops of the mountains to the deepest of seas, search and you shall find me…”

She was singing. It was odd, Romani surmised, that she would be singing as she and Kasai picked their way through the beauty of Helovia’s Threshold. The trees were greener than she remembered, thriving since the sickly grasp of Frostfall dropped its firm hold upon the land. The grass grew here in abundance, flowers dotting the greenery with their natural beauty and assortment of colors, and with the soft breeze caressing her body, it was a perfect day to be out and about. At her side, little Kasai pranced ahead, ears flicking this way and that as she absorbed the sights and smells of the land.

It was only the white tiger’s second trip to the Threshold, but the palomino mare knew that the cub would grow more acclimated to the land the older she got. Not only was it simply a beautiful place to venture whenever she needed a break, but it was rewarding to find lost souls who were desperately searching for a home. Humming beneath her breath, tiger and horse continued on their way, the warrior’s sharp, azure eyes keeping watch on their surroundings. Even though the day was bright and peacefully, that didn’t mean that they wouldn’t run into trouble.

“… And that day, when you find me, we will see what fate has brought; for as night and day, cold and hot, it was always you I sought.”

Stepping through the trees, Romani’s crisp eyes immediately landed on the form of a Pegasus stallion, watching for a few moments as his muscled, blood bay body moved fluently through the land. He walked with precision and grace, ebony tail held proudly, and for a few moments she admired his equally dark wings before opening her mouth to call a greeting. At her side, Kasai had paused as well, regarding this Pegasus stranger with a look of curiosity. Ah, yes, that was right… It was the first time that the tiger cub had seen a Pegasus.

“A fine day for a stroll, don’t you think?” Romani asked, her azure eyes sparkling in kindness and joy, and her dark lips turning upwards in a welcoming smile. She shifted her weight and tossed her head, ivory forelock flicking from her gaze so she could better examine this stallion before her. He seemed nice enough that the Foothills warrior didn’t worry about introducing herself. “My name is Romani, warrior of the Windtossed Foothills, and this is Kasai, my companion.” Turning her head, she tipped her muzzle down to the white tiger cub, who still regarded the stallion with uncertainty. Surely the cub just didn’t know what to make of his massive wings… Honestly, Romani wouldn’t be surprised if she merely wanted to play with the feathered appendages.

[OOC: You’re doing fine, dear. :3 It always takes some time to get into a character’s head.]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 12-30-2012, 11:22 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Romani - 12-31-2012, 03:43 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 12-31-2012, 04:23 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Romani - 12-31-2012, 06:34 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 12-31-2012, 09:47 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Romani - 01-01-2013, 02:06 AM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 01-01-2013, 07:34 AM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Romani - 01-01-2013, 08:46 AM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 01-01-2013, 06:35 PM