the Rift

[FALLS] Long and Dark December

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

‘Of course I am pleased with your offer!’

His exclamation caused Romani’s grin to only grow and she laughed, tossing her head back in good humor. Her ivory mane bounced lightly and she stamped a hoof. Yet when the Pegasus stallion called her ‘Ma’lady’, a title of respect in the Haflinger’s eyes that was only reserved for those that deserved it, she looked momentarily startled and sheepish before letting it go and relaxing. He was just being kind, she told herself. It was nothing more.

“Wonderful, Adeamus!” She responded, equally as exuberant, “I’m glad. You’ll do just fine with us in the Foothills, I can tell.” Turning her compact body slightly, the palomino mare turned her head and called Kasai’s name. The tiger cub, still in the middle of playing with strands of green grass that blew in the wind, paused in her game of one and begrudgingly twisted to return to the mare’s side. Lowering her head, she nudged her companion lovingly before lifting her head to regard Adeamus once more. Her actions caused a gentle purr to lull from the tiger’s throat; a pleasing sound to Romani’s ears.

“Too bad indeed, hm? Sometimes I wonder what it would be like, to soar through the skies like a bird… I bet the freedom it brings is breathtaking. Don’t worry your handsome head, though; it isn’t a far walk. The Foothills are actually the closest to the Threshold out of all the herds, so we’ll be there in no time.” She wondered if perhaps he was somewhat bothered that they couldn’t simply fly there, but alas, Romani was born without the beautiful feathered appendages of wings.

Flicking her ivory tail, as if a beckoning sign for Adeamus to follow, the warrior turned her body around to head home, glancing over her shoulder with humorous azure eyes. “Are you coming? We’ll make it home before nightfall if we hurry, and then you can meet the others that call the Foothills home.” Romani wondered what the stag might want to do, once they had arrived. Would he simply settle down and enjoy his days? Or would he crave something more, something with purpose? By his build alone, the mare believed that he would make a fine addition to their ranks of warriors, should he be trained properly. Regardless, that was to come; first, they had to get home.

[OOC: You should be able to post in the update boards now, dear, to have your rank changed to Foothills Stallion, and thus begin posting out of the Threshold! :D]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 12-30-2012, 11:22 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Romani - 12-31-2012, 03:43 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 12-31-2012, 04:23 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Romani - 12-31-2012, 06:34 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 12-31-2012, 09:47 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Romani - 01-01-2013, 02:06 AM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 01-01-2013, 07:34 AM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Romani - 01-01-2013, 08:46 AM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 01-01-2013, 06:35 PM