the Rift

Fear Feast :: Boggart Boss [Companion Drop] :: d'Artagnan is the winner!

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

The timeless essence, clothed by the moon’s bloodless pigment, witnessed yet another body of pale gold, that of a stallion’s, join in the company of those that had already gathered. But she ignored his speech, as her icy sapphire orbs beheld a cordial appearance of her wolf friend. Her visionaries pursued his approach, directed specifically in her direction. At first, a trio of wolves led the charge, only to materialize with Osris stealing the lead with his bond hovering above. She had taken a liking to Comadre, and found the presence of him to be most welcomed. His husky frame receded in speed, as he neared her, paying no heed to the others. Locking his gaze to her’s, a tingling sensation vibrated over her bodice. He ceased his movements but only a breath’s width from her. Her heart drummed heavily against her chest as he addressed her so properly.

“Lady Nadira, you are not the sort that belongs in a field of darkness. Allow us to protect you.”

Hushed tones fluttered to her petite eardrums and seeped into her. His concern for her well being brought but only a moment’s flicker of a smile to her lips, before it dissipated, like the sun, on this once gorgeous and bright day, had been. She stood there for only a bat of an eyelash, before she let her words settle on the tiny space between them.

"I belong where I am called, dear Osiris. If you wish to protect me, I accept. But I will fight just like all the rest."

Soft spoken, her words had hardly touched the ever-strengthening breeze, before they were lost. Her attention span was not fixated on anyone else, but the boggart and him who blocked her path.

The embodied dark storm cloud now encompassed the whole heart. On the outskirts, one would see the silhouettes of the trees bending in half, swaying like the reeds in the lakes. What once had been a peaceful morning, had only kept its bloodied promises of the crimson sky that she had awoken to. The foreboding of the obscurity that had befallen the land was frightening enough. She couldn’t remember a time when she had witnessed something so fierce, its rage sucking the vitality out of every living organism. Its blackened eyes were only but a deeper shadow, exposing themselves as icy teeth were displayed to form some sort of an awkward shaped mouth, giving itself a personified appearance. Its mute screech rang with poisonous lightning, reaping havoc on the soiled ground.

As the lightning danced between its snarling teeth, sleet began to slice through the atmosphere, pricking the immaculate mare’s pelt. It didn’t take long before she looked like a drowned rat. Milky silk strands clung to her nape, her tail mimicking that of a tasseled lion’s tail. But her piercing pools stayed alit. Glowing in the darkness that surrounded the heart of Helovia. It was the shift in the winds, so subtle; one would have to have been a trained tracker to notice. It induced the prima ballerina to withdraw herself a few strides from the evil that had dared become a threat, as wisps of clouds manifested into horse like beings. The charges multiplied, soon out numbering the group, targeting any soul in their path.

As the channels of electricity singed the soil all around Nadira and Osiris, it took all of the grace and fleetness of foot she had to dance around the lightning that threatened to harm her. The breadth that had once been but only a word apart between them now unfolded to a strides length. The sea foam dipped mare was so focused on out maneuvering the lightning bolts that it was almost too late for her to clasp hold on the charging cloud horse, until the dark magic was nearly upon her. Veering her façade to her left, the three foot ivory spear just pierced the clouded form that had advanced on her quite suddenly and out of the darkness. Taking a moment to survey the gallant wolf who stood a stride before her, she tried to give him a half of an okay smirk, but with no time to react, was struck by one stray streak of lightning. The coercion of the collision propelled the unicorn several feet, as she slid to a grinding halt, skinning her left side. Motionless she lay as the thunder from the strike ricocheted between the remaining standing. Freezing icicles now collected on her still frame as she laid in silence.

Word count: 756

OOC: Nadira only recedes backwards, avoiding the lightning. Then turns to the left to pierce the cloud horse with her horn. When she looks back at Osiris, still standing in front of her only a few feet away to give him a reassuring smile, one lightning streak (not strong enough to electrocute her) hits her horn flinging Nadira to her left side, sliding her body about 20 feet to left of the group. Her left side is moderately skinned.

Attack: Pierces the cloud horse with her horn.

Defense: Dodges the first set of lightning bolts.

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fear Feast :: Boggart Boss [Companion Drop] - by Djinn - 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM
RE: Fear Feast :: Boggart Boss [Companion Drop] ROUND 1 - by Nadira - 01-08-2013, 11:21 AM