the Rift

No place like home [- HERD MEETING -]

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
[Image: xmastortable.png]

Torasin & Kiba

His voice came in like a familiar echo in the back of his mind. Something thought long lost in the cruel twist of fate and forever they were destined to live in silence. Horse and dragon, so close together yet so far away. Tears welled into the green eyes of the topaz steed as a comet of intense hues lit the sky in magnificent glory, burning away all thoughts of despair and sadness. The mass of feelings, Kiba's internal fight to communicate with his bonded so clear now in the mind of Torasin. Images, like wishes of a past to return, show a happy sun with a flicking tail. Merry dances they once did in perfect unison. It came with no warning and the tears of sheer happiness shed from honest eyes, a voice of questionable tones crept into his mind. So quiet with an awe of wonder and a hint of freight. For what would Kiba do if his bonded didn't reply?

Torr-a-siiin?

A jolt of joy and relief went through Torasin's being, he could hear him!

Kiba!

Horse and dragon fused into a dance of ecstatic celebration, a colourful trilling filling the air as the duo spent a few minutes revelling in their reunion of minds. They both remembered the faces of Lace, Fajira, Ophelia and Tinek as they had gathered in their confusion to understand what was happening. Torasin hoped their bonds had returned too and another question crept into his mind. Did Mirage and Akaith loose their connection too? Wherever they were. It was hard to imagine, that their bond would have been affected too. So close for so long.

As if summoned by his thought, another seeming miracle happened. A song of dragons echoed across the land, it came from a mare of golden scales and large wings. A call that Torasin had been longing to hear since the day she disappeared, since the day those racist unicorns saw fit to exact their revenge. Was the unicorn he had met upon the snowy wastes of the arch of this very same band. Should the Advocate taken him in for questioning? It didn't seem right to do so at the time and even now the healer thought he made the right decision. Assumptions could be deadly indeed at a time like this, Torasin had to be sure.

Flickers of painted white and gold ran alongside a blur of brown as the pair made for Mirage and Akaith. Friends once lost but found once more, it made Torasin wonder. Had Lace and the company that went with him, returned in good health? So many worries that needed to be laid to rest. He begged, that today be a great day.

His gallop slowed to a trot as he sighted his leader upon the cliff, eyes still shedding tears of joy. Mostly from the sight of her now. Kiba had sped off in glorious flight and joined Akaith with a trill of warmth, like a child returning to his mother. The brown held the golden one with the highest respect as he should, but there was also a lot of affection there for the older dragon who had been around for all his young months. A few seconds later Torasin had made his way to the imposing form of an old friend, pushing his nose into hers in an affectionate greeting. "Mirage. So lonely it is without your presence, ma'am. I am sorry I wasn't their to stop them... To help you." His gentle voice was full with emotion and self shame. He wanted to melt into a pool of words, to tell her everything he had felt during her absence. But this was a herd meeting, he would not embarrass her such in front of her followers.

Instead he relayed what he knew to the best of his ability. Most of it was worried questions. "The herd has grown slowly in your absence ma'am. I fear we may have to double our efforts towards the Threshold in hopes of catching more members." his face turned to something more troubled. Green eyes looked to his leader now "I have not seen Lace in some time either, ma'am, I worry about his whereabouts and if his health is good. I have also heard your sister has had some luck in hunting one of our enemy. I, however, have not had chance to see their face."

The last sentence was had the most hope in it. Torasin wished he could offer more, but the herd had been quiet whilst she had been prisoner, and the paint had been troubling himself over the disappeared bond between himself and Kiba. "Something strange happened when you were gone, milady. I couldn't communicate with Kiba at all, it troubled me more than I should have let it. Did, you and Akaith, experience anything of a similar nature?"

Kiba had returned to Torasin's back by then and he too wondered the same thing.

salamander-stock | venomxbaby | Elevit-stock | deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
No place like home [- HERD MEETING -] - by Mirage - 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM
RE: No place like home [- HERD MEETING -] - by Torasin - 01-02-2013, 11:01 AM