the Rift

No place like home [- HERD MEETING -]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I sweep in the air after Lace, my crow wings the deepest of night as they grapple with the wind. Ink droplets are likely to splatter upon the sterling soldier, but I doubt he'll pay it much heed. A shame they could not heal where they fell, the glazier is in dire need of such.

Still caught in the air my bird-shape seems to have run into an invisible wall as it disfigures and melts together. From the blob a black rain begins to fall, reconstructing me bit by bit, drop by drop, as a horse of flesh and blood once more. I stand beside the crafter, my head raised high in wonder as I drink in the sight of the DragonHeart, her image a banner of strength lifted from a mire of despair. I would normally proffer her a weak smile, but though there is a crumb of joy in my gut at her return, there is hardly reason to rejoice.

I glance sidelong at Lace, his the first darkening cloud on this otherwise sunny day. In my haste of returning, unable to find Rishima after all, I cam to see the tail end of the battle waging between death and fire. Fear struck me so soundly I can't even recall who arose victorious. Is there truly any victory to be had when both opponents bleed? I will never understand war I'm afraid.

Then there is the matter of Solstice's imprisonment still. I hope it is that Deimos remains in our grip, foul demon that he is, so we can at least cart him off to return the mare. I have been keeping sharp tabs on our prisoners, able to return Kiara and I found Mirage in their Basin, perhaps she'll recognize me now as the pitch hawk. I had hoped to utilize my recon efforts to assist her freedom, but the mysterious lady Rishima was a few strides ahead of me. She brought death to our door and chained him up. A shame the chains did not stop him from nearly butchering Lace.

I think too of Ahriman departing, and his mother, though I knew her not. I greeted two new brothers that filled their voids, Kaj and Destrier, but it is a small flock of ravens we guard. I know almost all of them at least because of that, but even so my eyes are not so large as to watch for all the thieves in the dark and the protectors are too few to guard what I cannot. We live in a castle beyond our means, if the imprisonment of Mirage isn't sign enough of that. We need to rally our forces and strengthen our allies - the dogs we kicked may have turned tail and ran at first, but now they bare their teeth in the alleyways of the night.

Return DragonHeart, and let your flame ignite our passions and our foes.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
No place like home [- HERD MEETING -] - by Mirage - 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM
RE: No place like home [- HERD MEETING -] - by Ink - 01-02-2013, 03:30 PM