the Rift

No place like home [- HERD MEETING -]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Her return. It had been awaited by many and perhaps it appeared to me as a dream, so lovely and yet so unpredictable. Above, the flash of golden wings drew me from my reverie. It frightened me still, as I had never seen her in draconic form. Her tail seemed to wisp along the air’s current before me before she disappeared into the mist, just as much a fairytale as I’d ever seen. But, as I stood glaring into the grey skies, I was in awe. I wasn’t sure if I’d seen it. I wasn’t sure that I hadn’t, but all the same I was moving, throwing my legs across the ground in such a way that I almost felt like flying. Through the trees, the mists swirled and laughed around me, brilliant and dancing in their own obvious join at the Dragonheart’s return. I knew that I would not be the first to find her, for she had many loyal followers, many valiant soldiers in which she commanded. Each and every one of us had devoted ourselves for reasons only she knew. This was her home after all, we were merely residing in it.

When it appeared as if I were nearing her destination, I slowed, sides heaving from the effort of pushing myself through the land as if death nipped at my heels. Up and through the trees, I could see her now, perched upon the crag as she gazed out over her home, narrowed eyes just barely visible as she no doubt counted the faces- those who were near and dear to her. I was sure that many more were to come, hailing from the mist like ghostly apparitions until all looked upon her, wide-eyed and jubilant. Beneath me the soft forest soil seemed to harden as it exchanged its emerald lashes for the slate of the cliff. I found that I had taken my new home for granted and forgotten just how beautiful it was, now that I could see over the edge and into the endless blue that lapped up against the deadly shore below.

Just ahead, the congregation gathered. I recognized many from simple encounters, such as Torasin and Kiba. The pair was always a welcome sight, as I certainly considered them friends. There was also the fearless Lace, who I had followed into the Basin in order to retrieve Solstice and Svetlana. Fajira was not at his side as I had expected, though I had seen her leave the Basin in a heap after their brutal attack. My heart went out to her and I only hoped that she would heal quickly…

Ink was here as well, a strange creature of darkness that I admired for his sense of self. He was a comforting sight to see and I felt as if I was comfortable now, confident in my knowledge of everyone here. Even Destrier was in company, the valiant stallion newly welcomed to The Edge. I was somehow excited to see him now- a true sign of his loyalty to our home. We were dwindling it seemed and as much as I wanted to spend my time recruiting, it was growing hard in all the tensions that lie in anticipating Mirage’s release from the clutches of the Basin. However, there is another mare, one I had never met before. Upon her back, a strange creature rests quietly. I am unsure of the pair, though they seem to know Mirage far better than I and I don’t stand to question their arrival. I am more concerned with welcoming our Lead, the Matron of The World’s Edge.

Welcome Home Mirage.

Messages In This Thread
No place like home [- HERD MEETING -] - by Mirage - 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM
RE: No place like home [- HERD MEETING -] - by Thor - 01-03-2013, 05:31 PM