the Rift

No place like home [- HERD MEETING -]

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

My presence is silent, much like the others who linger before me. I have been listening for some time now, to the whispers of the mists, as they grow excited, unsettled, restless and jubilant. My lithe form is wrapped within them, I wear the mists of these lands like a cloak, a protective covering that obscures me from view, but gives me insight into what may become of the future. It is not difficult to ascertain what is happening now; the return of our leader is imminent, the lands rejoice at the prospect. Moving with a graceful, dancer's step across the lands, I bring myself towards the gathering. It matters not whether I am first or last to arrive; that I am here, that we are all here, is well enough. My eyes watch the others, happy to see the joy in their own stances, sad to see all the hardships her absence has caused. Pale as Ink is dark, I stand near him and the Glazier, tilting my horned crown to those I recognise, and giving a curious, soulful stare to those I was yet to meet.

"My liege." The only words my angelic tones offer are those of respect, reaffirming my loyalties to her leadership. I would admit to growing fond of the current inhabitants to my Edge, though the previous inhabitants - the ones who stole our leader away from us - did provide me with more interaction with my own species. It was not that I was racist, like them, but rather a sense of familiarity, of acceptance and belonging that one can only find among those who share similar physical attributes. I neither hated nor loved them; just as I neither hated nor loved the Qian for causing damage upon my home, and eradicating those who were here before. I was the Seer, the diviner of the Gods, the one who would linger here no matter what leadership took the throne. I stood before the current government, knowing that she knew this - for she had spoken to be directly about it shortly after obtaining her title - and welcomed her home.

Messages In This Thread
No place like home [- HERD MEETING -] - by Mirage - 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM
RE: No place like home [- HERD MEETING -] - by Hellena - 01-03-2013, 06:43 PM