the Rift

No place like home [- HERD MEETING -]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

So caught up in their own reverie had they been, that the brightness that lighted up the afternoon sky had escaped their notice. For who would notice a simple comet streaming across the sky, when something as fantastic, as important, as utterly wonderful as their bond being restored had occurred? The sky is falling. It was Akaith who did notice, as she danced with glee above her bonded, who tilted her scaly crown to view the sight. Such cosmic events were surely the work of the Gods - she would climb the Veins again, she decided with sharp finality, and she would, she hoped, gain answers from them.

It was fitting, the scent she located first on the wind, that of a dragon, and a stallion, one that she had known since her first season here, within Helovia, would be this golden creature. He was as sunny as she was dark - though their hides reflected similar hues when she held this bodice - and she had missed his smile, his emerald gaze, his playful dragon. Akaith crooned as Kiba came near, running her maw against his own, sending waves of affection and relief through the telepathic communication most companions could easily forge with each other. At the stallion's motion to touch her, Mirage returned, only she went a step further, and looped her long, serpentine nape over his, and gently held him to her, humming a deep, draconic purr all the while.

She appreciated his words, but forgave him swiftly with a huff of smoke exiting her nostrils. There was little any of them could do about it now; what was done was done, the best thing they could do was work on their protective measures, and prevent such crises from ever occurring again. Concern did cross her façade, as she nodded, listening keenly to his words, hearing of how the herd had fared - or rather, suffered - during her absence. Guilt plagued her, and for a moment, she was angry at Xanthos again, frustrated that his actions had caused all of this - and yet, she reminded herself that he had sought forgiveness, that she had pledged to protect him. And she would stick by that.

The mention of the bond numbness was a surprise, one that she responded to immediately. "Indeed, there was silence between us, from the time I awoke in there, until just now, my flight home, I can feel her again." Akaith trilled happily, as if to confirm what she said.

Blood entered her nostrils then, and her attention was stolen - a sharp movement brought her eyes pointed in the direction of Lace. Keen, slitted eyes grew wider and thinner as they focussed on different parts of him, resting for some time on the little dragon unconscious upon his rump, even as she felt Akaith leave the space above her to sit by Fajira upon the silver grulla's rump. Concern grew, even as his own concern grew for her. Scales ruffled, much as a bird's does when aggravated, standing on end as a wave of annoyance rushed over her. A small snarl appeared upon her lips as he began muttering, terrifying for the second that it lingered there, before another harsh snort hoped to bring an end to his concern. She would reveal all, but longed to listen to their words first, words that would not be wasted on inquiring after her wellbeing.

"They guarded us separately, but I know of her location. I heard Aaron's challenge ring out across the lands; I will return there to ensure success is had, one way or another." She spoke of Solstice quietly, loud enough for the group to hear, but not enough so that her voice rang out and echoed across the lands. The words she spoke were of matters of politics, matters that affected the lives of a mother and son, of two friends who would be returned to her. News of her sister's efforts was accepted with a nod, the dragon-mare hid what pride she felt swelling up within her. Pride, and gratitude, and even a small sense of surprise - she knew her sister to be more than capable of leading, but she also knew how much her sister valued her solitude - for it would have been no easy choice for her to make, to step up to the controls and guide them with confidence.

An inky bird lands, and as Akaith chortles her greeting from her post atop Lace , mimicking the sound of the hawk she had called to in the Basin (only much softer this time), Mirage does finally understand the strange bird she had sighted whilst speaking with her guard. Her heart fills with affection for the Wraith, and she views him with happiness, pleased too to see him stand more confidently, and behave as if he is familiar with those around him. Her pointed muzzle is proffered to him, a greeting as silent as the steed himself, before a new creature steals her attention. He is shadowy and dark, silent too, and she tilted her crown at him curiously. It was good to see new blood in the lands, good to see that even though they suffered, they still showed promises of growth, of healing.

Then the one who could call her sister arrived, the little gryphon almost as fatigued as the unconscious Fajira, and Mirage reached out with a swift motion to brush her muzzle against the soft hide, breath warm and smoky as the greeting was exchanged. It was short lived, as the attention soon swivelled to the action of the little gryphon, who pulled in alongside Akaith. The golden queen was curious as to the gryphon's actions, and though she did not hear the command the feline-bird gave, she could see well enough its intentions. A soft caw, a gentle song emanated from her maw, hoping to help rouse the little white. Given half the chance, she would wrap her own mind around that of Fajira's, cushion its pains as she does for her own bonded, but it would be inappropriate, at least without Lace's permission. Akaith made to stroke the scales of Fajira with her dextrous forepaws, hoping to banish the slumber that threatened to go on forever.

The next to arrive was the titanic beast that Mirage had welcomed to the Edge herself, a steed who she was glad to see midst the familiar faces. A small smile was offered to him at his words, a dip of her crown in greeting, the expression she wore was gratitude. Mists descended upon them for a moment as Hellena made her arrival, the dragon-mare greeted her too with a deep nod, gratefully acknowledging the meaning behind her presence. This truly is our home, but she is its true heart. She thought quietly to her bonded, who, from Lace's back, chirruped her own greetings.

"My kin; thank you. Thank you for standing strong in my absence. I am sure you can appreciate the frustrations I felt at knowing I had left you, and was unable to return besides, until now. My means of escape was a matter of gaining the strength of my magic, for it had been blocked by whatever poison I had ingested. The cut I wear upon my shoulder is a mark I made myself; the one who guarded me, who stole me, regrets his actions, sought forgiveness, and was granted it. I painted him in my own blood to alleviate suspicion upon his involvement of my escape - the Edge is open to him, friends, he will join us when time allows. Xanthos is his name, and no harm is to come upon him."

Her voice thrummed in the air like a deep instrument, accented and powerful, speaking matters of import with grave sincerity. Switching her view to contain Torasin, she addressed the matter of harm that had befallen Lace. "Torasin, would you rise to the position of Head Healer, Moon Doctor, and embrace the Wind and Dark magic of the lands, to heal Lace immediately, as well as Fajira, and restore some strength to Kali?" The authority in her voice now was paramount; as she governed the magic of the very herdland with it, and offered to bestow it upon her gilded friend.

"We will rebuild, my friends." She spoke to the group again, this time with a keen, determined finality. "All is not lost, and what remains is strong, stronger than before, and we will grow stronger." As she spoke, her tail lashed over the edge that she sat upon, smacking against the wall, creating thunderous claps akin to the sounds of the waves crashing against the stony cliff, only these resonated closer to them all, and in time with the emphatic points of her speech. Fatigue attempted to plague her, but soon enough, she would be able to rest, to recover, to heal herself from the wounds that afflicted her body and her soul. Silence overthrew her then, as she awaited what else her brethren would share with her.

[ ooc :|: Feel free to continue joining if you haven't already, play out that you heard everything. Try to stick to post order if you can, but to keep things moving, if you are limited on time, just post whenever you can :) ]

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
No place like home [- HERD MEETING -] - by Mirage - 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM
RE: No place like home [- HERD MEETING -] - by Mirage - 01-03-2013, 07:30 PM