the Rift

No place like home [- HERD MEETING -]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Torasin accepted, and a flood of relief shot through the mare in the form of dark, windy caresses as by her authority, the healing powers of the mystical lands were bestowed upon him. He turned his attentions swiftly to her Glazier, who defected the attentions to his dragon. A small nod was given in approval, the motion subtle and would have only been seen had any in the crowd been directing their gazes still at her, instead of the workings of the healer. Another arrived, her hue was unusual, like a deep lavender, no, indigo? Blue? The slitted, draconic eyes of the leader opened and closed, irises flexing as they drank in the brindle along her flanks, the horn upon her brow, the pale outline of her mane and tail. A nod was offered to the silent creature, her eyes softening as she acknowledged a new member of her herd.

"I must offer my apologies to those I have not yet met." Her gaze flicked from the young mare to the new Protector stallion, extending the apology to them both, as well as any others not yet within her sights. "I long to learn more about you all, and swear to do so, if you would have an audience with me later." The dragon-mare smiled, a weariness settling over her. Wings shuffled and folded closer to her body, talons kneaded the earth below her. Akaith cooed from her position beside the little white, wanting to help more, but seeing that Fajira would recover whether she was by her side or not. The little gold had been distracted, and with joy Mirage heard the mental pulses that spoke of her mate's nearing. The WeyrLeader turned her golden sights to view the dragon-stallion coming in to land, curving her serpentine nape and not bothering to mask the sheer affection she felt for his bronze form.

The DragonHeart had heard the attempts of rescue, and she could only hope that none got hurt during it. She didn't know the specifics of course, only that she was freed by the power of her own wings, her powers of persuasion, and her taking advantage of the time she was given. She hadn't felt abandoned by those left behind in her herd, even those whom she could tell did not venture to the Basin in attempts for her, or the other captives', freedom. No, she felt no sense of betrayal, but rather a pride, for those who were strong enough not to behave rashly and rush into her rescue, they instead stayed behind and maintained the herdland. Paranoia did prickle, for there numbers were low, but she reassured herself in that their hearts were strong; they would defeat any enemy that tried to cross her borders - even if it was by the claws of her own dragon form that slayed any and all of them.

A deep, draconic wuffle greeted Vikram, and for a moment, she allowed her eyes to roam over him only, to hold his magnificent, bulky form. He stood taller than any other she had ever met, taller than herself even in this form, only their wings were of similar size, and hers were pinned tightly to her side to ensure he had space enough to stand. He was impressive and fierce in appearance, and yet he was loyal to her, to her cause, to the herd. Akaith delicately took to the skies to greet him, no doubt flooding his brain with images and emotions and explanations of everything that might have happened in the last season. With practised dexterity, Mirage's snout brushed along him, her slitted nostrils soaking in everything he was, as Akaith promptly landed upon his back, purring her own way to express her glee at his presence.

A memory chose this moment to trickle through her cranium, a recalling of a dark shadow bird, one she had realised before, upon seeing Ink. Pulling herself away from the reverie of her mate, she addressed the gathering again, not at all abashed at the quiet moments of joy she had shared with Vikram. The dragon-mare held the slim, dark stallion in her keen sights now, a small smile playing upon her face. He had more than proved himself worthy, he obviously was using his skills to obtain information, to learn and gather all that he could about his surrounds - and he was doing it for her, for the herd. Yes, he deserved the proclamation that she was about to make.

"Ink, your presence was a comfort to me in the Basin; I recognise now what Akaith had realised before." Leaning forward, she lowered her tiara to him, in gratitude. "Would you become my Spectre, and teach our future Wraiths the way of subtleness you so expertly orchestrate?"

[ ooc :|: As before, continue posting whenever you get the chance <3 ]

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
No place like home [- HERD MEETING -] - by Mirage - 01-02-2013, 07:51 AM
RE: No place like home [- HERD MEETING -] - by Mirage - 01-11-2013, 07:59 PM