the Rift

the calm [tamme]

Indy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Indy the Righteous

The only sign that Indy had heard the other stallion's approach was the rotation of his ears. He did not look, but rather watched the mountain tops. The were outlined in gold from the setting sun. The gold began to fade to a dark orange. Night would descend swiftly upon them, which he was thankful for. The heat of the day made them seem longer than usual and beyond miserable. The cool nights seemed so short in comparison. It all added to the uneasiness that stirred within him and he hated it.

Paladin came to stand next to him and Indy listened as the other stallion spoke. A simple nod of his head was given in agreement. "Indeed they are long." Too long. His black coat wasn't meant for such heat. Paladin spoke again, which caused Indy to finally turn his head to look at the younger stallion. He spoke as if he knew what was on his mind. This, however, he was accustomed to and had been for a long time. With Gossamer's magic she always knew his thoughts. He never had to voice them, which had added to his silence and increased it over the years.

A slight shift of facial features was his response to Paladin becoming Military Chief. He knew his mate well enough to believe that she desired both pairs of chief and chieftess to be mates. He could be wrong. Unlike her he never knew for certain what his better half was thinking. "I believe you would do well as a chief of the military should Smoke choose you." He said, his gaze going back to the mountain range. "You possess strength, cunning, compassion, intelligence." He was quiet for a while before speaking again. "I don't know how you did it. Leading the Tides, raising a family, keeping my daughter safe and happy. She speaks very highly of you." Oh yes, he had heard plenty about Paladin from his daughter. Still, he withheld his judgement.

Messages In This Thread
the calm [tamme] - by Indy - 06-30-2012, 11:24 PM
RE: the calm [tamme] - by Paladin - 07-01-2012, 04:12 AM
RE: the calm [tamme] - by Indy - 07-01-2012, 05:42 PM
RE: the calm [tamme] - by Paladin - 07-13-2012, 02:03 PM
RE: the calm [tamme] - by Indy - 07-13-2012, 02:39 PM