the Rift

the calm [tamme]

Indy Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Indy watched his daughter's mate as he looked down at his hooves and seemed to sulk rather than accept the compliment for what it was meant to be. He listened silently to Paladin as he said that he had failed his herd. Indy sighed and looked back at the mountain range. Some just beat themselves up far too much. "You cannot save everyone." He said to the black dun next to him. "You could not keep hold of your Tides, but how do you defeat the undead? There is no way to kill them." He turned his head to Paladin again. "Some might not have made it out alive but a majority of them did. You should take pride in knowing that you fought as long as you could to protect them. Dying would not have saved them anymore than your living would have." He hoped his words would have some kind of an affect on Paladin and make him stop feeling so guilty about not being able to save everyone. It was just an impossible task.

Paladin's next admittance drew a smile from Indy. "I am glad that my daughter has someone that loves her as much as you do. I only hope that my Enna can find someone who cares about her the way you do Soleil." Indy's smile faded as Paladin admitted that he felt out of place in Helovia. The mention of not being in a leadership position drew a sigh from the big stallion. In the end it all came down to missing the Tides. "Homesickness fades with time." He spoke from experience. It had taken a long while for him to forget about his home before Islime, but he had done it and he was confident that Paladin could forget about the Tides in time.

sxc.hu, Sooty-Bunnie, AlaskaStock, and ilovearies

Messages In This Thread
the calm [tamme] - by Indy - 06-30-2012, 11:24 PM
RE: the calm [tamme] - by Paladin - 07-01-2012, 04:12 AM
RE: the calm [tamme] - by Indy - 07-01-2012, 05:42 PM
RE: the calm [tamme] - by Paladin - 07-13-2012, 02:03 PM
RE: the calm [tamme] - by Indy - 07-13-2012, 02:39 PM