the Rift

Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open]

Bernadette Posts: 14
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 4
M.E.

Bernad(ette)

It was certainly a huge comfort as the shadow of the huge, feather-hoofed Thor was thrown over Bernadette as though it were a bolted tarp; it felt like one as well, as the debris and shrapnel of the striking missiles of fear were being held at bay for the time being. His touch, however sent a spark of nervous electricity through her frame; Bernadette hitched her breath and gave a tiny jolt ("Oh!") before taking a small step away from him with her quarters. It wasn't a movement out of skiddish caution or affront-- it honestly wasn't any sort of negative reaction at all, in reality. The astounding truth of the matter was that Bernadette hadn't ever really been touched before-- or maybe she had, but she had no memory of any tender, encouraging, positive touch in her lifetime that was worth any sort of thought.

She did calm down, though. And her eyes, ever straining against the boundaries of her cranium and trying to peek through the flesh at the back of her head to spot any type of trouble-- well, those sparkling titanium orbs lidded themselves, deepening its color until her eyes were reduced to nothing more than steely pools of molten iron once more. Her breathing slowed into something a little more steady and she even lowered her head an inch or two, letting her blood cool from it's original boiling state. She was, to use the popular vernacular of the current age, finally starting to chill out.

Though it may have been rude, as they continued to walk and Thor began to wax eloquent about the land Bernadette had stumbled into, the dainty little gray fawn started to slip in and out of focus, not paying much attention to the words the stallion was saying. Bernadette didn't mean anything by it; on the contrary, she was immensely comforted by their progress through the forest and, of course, the Nurse's presence himself, reassuring her very thoroughly that she was safe and, maybe even more importantly, that she wasn't dreaming of this strange Ghost Land and that she--was--actually--free. She would continue to daydream to herself, and even start humming in her quiet contentment, only catching every third word or so of his speech. Then, however, he specifically threw her and offer and she cocked an ear to listen:

*"...if you’re looking for a place in which you may call home… I would gladly show you around The Edge if you so desired. I think you would make a perfect addition to our small family.” *

"You think so?" Bernadette said excitedly; her head snapped back up and her ears perked forward, while the prance crept back into her step as she surveyed the stallion,"You really mean it? I'm welcome to come to the Edge?" She sucked in her breath, quite ecstatic at the prospect and almost dancing in happiness. The thought that there was someone who found her worthy and "perfect" while actually giving her the option to leave somewhere was a novelty feeling to Bernadette-- as though she actually had free will! And she was allowed to exercise it!

It was almost as though she really WAS free!

"I would love to go! I would absolutely-- but that is," she cut herself short, suddenly doubtful of his judgement,"--I mean, I really appreciate the offer, but...Am I...am I really Edge material?" She ran a critical eye over Thor, her gaze sweeping his hooves before roving back up to this forelock."You sure I'm not too....small? I am a mare, you know," she reminded him. Just as she had never truly seen another horse before--save for some hazy, fuzzy memories of her mother-- Bernadette didn't really have a frame of reference for the "normality" of a horse herd, just as she wasn't sure of any sort of "normality" between horse to horse. For all she knew, she was a midget compared to the majestically thick musclebeasts which may or may not roam these lands. Thor's deformity was quite lost on her; she simply had no way of knowing how pegasi would otherwise look. To be fair, however, Bernadette still hadn't really caught sight of Thor's "unfortunate" aspects, or else hadn't really caught a good look at them, at any rate.

Her eyes had been too busy to look for dangers that weren't really there.

(OOC: Bad headache x.x Please forgive any typos and whatnot. On the flip side, points for Homestuck reference.)

~~~~~~~

"Hello!"
Goodbye!
Gettin' out of Dodge.

Messages In This Thread
Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open] - by Bernadette - 01-03-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open] - by Thor - 01-03-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open] - by Thor - 01-08-2013, 09:03 PM
RE: Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open] - by Thor - 01-11-2013, 01:20 PM
RE: Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open] - by Bernadette - 01-13-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open] - by Thor - 01-15-2013, 10:02 PM