the Rift

Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open]

Bernadette Posts: 14
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 4
M.E.

Bernad(ette)

*"You will always be welcome in The Edge should you so desire, though, I was hoping… that you would call it home.”*

Bernadette's eyes widened ever so slightly as she listened to the words that spilt forth from Thor's maw; as her brain began to make sense of his words, something warm, strange, new was beginning to form and bubble in the pit of her stomach. Though Bernadette didn't know was it was at the time-- For, of course, she had no such stimuli in her life prior to this to even warrant such a reaction-- the dainty little thing was truly touched at the stallion's offer. It was one thing to be invited to a place and position based on unseen value; it was also another thing to be coveted and jealously possessed, collected as though one were a priceless figurine, kept in a glass box for days and days at a time, years and years until one's hooves turned to ashen, aching dust. This right here, however, was something different entirely; here was a genuine, heartfelt proposal from a stranger who meant no harm, who's greed was a tamed little thing that kept its head low. Here was someone pure of heart, extending a hand hoof in friendship, offering a place within a herd. A place within a family...

Bernadette was momentarily speechless; if she had the disposition for it, the gray fawn would have burst in fits of joyous crying, such was her immediate surge of emotion. Bernadette, however, wasn't one inclined towards tears. Instead, her ears perked forward at impossible angles to the ground, while her tail lifted in a triumphant flag and she pranced on the spot, manically crushing leaves and grasses under her hooves. She lifted her legs high and fast in her excitement; her eyes became great, liquid orbs of watery steel as she gave Thor the most loving of gazes.

"Really?" She asked, her whispered voice at odds with the energetic way she continued to piaffe in her spot, "You really want me in your family? Do you mean it?"

*“So what do you say? Would you like to consider yourself a member of The World’s Edge?”*

Bernadette's happiness could be held back no more; she suddenly lifted her forehooves in a rear, whinnying shrilly and happily, rejoicing the fact that her courage had paid off; she had garnered the steel to run, run far away and leave that musty, dry, lonely old place and that awful, awful man--

In the midst of her joyful trumpeting, Bernadette gave a short shriek of surprise and fear; she jumped from the ground, twisting in the air as though she had the spine of a feline; as her feet touched Earth again, she pranced away nervously from the nearest oak, whose branches hung heavily and which was cloaked thickly in shadow. Her chest was slightly heaving, her eyes wide and wild, colorless like bone in her startled frenzy as she scrutinized the shadows she had just left. Something was in there, for sure-- or maybe she had imagined it? Yes, yes, that had to be it-- she had just imagined it because she was thinking of--of-- well. She was thinking of that. Because there was no way that would be here to take away her happiness. Not this time. Not this time. She was a mare and she was free.

Not this time.

"Uhn...yes, Mr. Thor," Bernadette said in belated answer, breathless in her short flurry of bipolar excitement. She needed to calm herself now-- yes. There was no point in showing Thor how badly he was proven wrong; she was family material. She was a mare. Taking a slow, deep breath, Bernadette closed her eyes and allowed the tremors that ran through her limbs to still. When she looked back up at Thor, giving an apologizing sort of glance, her irises were dark gray again. "I'm...I'm sorry," she laughed nervously, the insides of her ears turning bright pink again, "I did NOT mean for that to happen. But yes, Mr. Thor. Yes, yes yes! I would love to call the Edge home!" The warmth and sincerity returned to her voice; she was once more giving Thor that watery gaze of gratitude. "I would love to join your family!"

(OOC: So so sorry about that! I didn't see that you had posted ^^; Anyways, ready to wrap this up? :3 )
~~~~~~~

"Hello!"
Goodbye!
Gettin' out of Dodge.

Messages In This Thread
Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open] - by Bernadette - 01-03-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open] - by Thor - 01-03-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open] - by Thor - 01-08-2013, 09:03 PM
RE: Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open] - by Thor - 01-11-2013, 01:20 PM
RE: Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open] - by Thor - 01-15-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: Butt Stallion Says "Hello"![Open] - by Bernadette - 01-18-2013, 11:00 PM