the Rift

Delirious Debts

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni. </style>
Distance feels further when you love with fervor 
and no second thoughts.  </style>

"Steady, sir," a gentle voice calls, hoping to break the delirium of fever in the eyes of this stranger. Perceptive and warm eyes find Coris, the painted mare rushing forward from where she stood, trying to catch the unicorn before he all but collapsed on the porch of Kri the Resolute. If her mother found a trespasser in her home, the pecky silver bay was likely not to take pity on the ill. If Onni accompanied him, however, he might be spared her hellfire. Aside from that, a medic's hand was obviously needed. The ataxic gait of the poor beast, stumbling like a drunkard, caught her attention first. The reek of rot and infection was next. There was no doubt about it - this stallion was ill.

Before the lady could gather enough speed to reach the unicorn's side, he had collapsed upon the desert floor. The painted mare slows her pace, knowing her rush would be wasted and might scare the poor stallion more than help now.

A pale face drops down toward the sand, hoping to fall within the glazed eyes of the strange stallion, an odd material capping his horn. Onni would have inspected it, but thought it rude at the moment. She would have to ask later about the contraption. Even if the stallion was unfriendly, he would owe her a favor for healing his broken body. Normally, the mare would not wish to collect, but this was a rare opportunity. Her blue eyes watch the creature with worry for a moment before speaking in a hopeful tone. "I will get you standing again, sir. Please be patient with me."

It is Lyhty who notices the screech of the falcon first, Onni's ears deaf to the world except the ragged breathing of the ill creature at her feet. Her mind cannot ignore the call of her small bird, his own red eyes upon the larger creature of prey. Glancing upward, the mare notes the bird casually, likely some sort of falcon. If she had to wager a guess, this bird was bonded to the stallion at her feet. "Lyhty, let our friend know his bonded is safe under my watch." The gentle healer smiles before making her way toward the rump of the grey, looking downward at the wound. It was old, several months at least. The tobiano wondered silently how long he had allowed such a wound to go untreated but thought that, also, would be rude of her at the moment.

"Find some sand sage leaves, Lyhty, and bring me a limb of it - whatever you can carry, and then some of the bark from the Mesquite trees," the healer directs the small bird. "Ask our friend if he's willing." The sage would fight the infection in a poultice of sorts. For now, the dire problem was that of the fever raging inside the skull of this stallion, causing glass to form over clear eyes and delude his visions of the world.

Closing her eyes, setting her voice to a content hum, Onni begins to focus her energy on the sun, calling down the healing light to burn the fever from the body of Coris whilst other aid was on its way. The small healer begins to glow with an ethereal light, before small threads of light snake out from her body and creep toward Coris, finding a point of entry from the wound on his leg and his nostrils. The probing light of the healer senses great infection, but the puss oozing quietly from the leg was a warning enough of that. The heat of the light was rivaled by that of the body, and Onni began to focus on using the light's fire to banish the fever from the stallion before the excessive heat fried the circuits of his brain.
""

[ ooc: I figured I would save Coris the lovely experience of meeting Kri until after he is standing again. xD
Any medics can feel free to come help Onni. :D ]

Messages In This Thread
Delirious Debts - by Coris - 01-03-2013, 07:41 PM
RE: Delirious Debts - by Onni - 01-03-2013, 08:46 PM
RE: Delirious Debts - by Coris - 01-06-2013, 02:53 AM
RE: Delirious Debts - by Cirrus - 01-13-2013, 08:08 AM
RE: Delirious Debts - by Onni - 01-17-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: Delirious Debts - by Coris - 01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
RE: Delirious Debts - by Cirrus - 01-31-2013, 05:48 PM