the Rift

Excuse me? [Joining]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
[Image: winter_snow_by_ladyfey-d5g626q.png]

Enough. It was enough. She couldn't take it any more- not being black or white, being gray. Maybe once she had enjoyed wandering, getting lost, getting into trouble. She had cherished Ophelia's companionship- but Ophelia was gone now. So tired, she was so tired, so sick of it all. It was time to declare her colours, permanently, time to forge a proper tie down somewhere, time to finally settle. Destrier's words echoed in her mind, the words of studying each side. Hadn't she been studying, examining, the sides enough?

Tor was not very quiet- rather loud, in fact, her hooves clumsy, crushing grass underneath her- as she traveled from the Endless Blue, up towards the Edge. Slowly the soft, golden, pale sand had turned to coarse yellow-tan-pale-green grass, and from that beach-grass to a deep, rich emerald, wet and sweet and full of delightful tastes. The sun was a bright, vivid thing this morning, brightening the trees into vivid jades, painting shadows deep and heartlessly black. The big-boned draft's mind was mostly empty, quiet, as the sun rose higher, into the very peak of its ascent, until she finally reached the forest thick and deep.

For a long minute Tor listened to the birds, the trilling, singing birds who flitted from tree to tree- spots of crimson and scarlet, ebony and pale pearl, sapphires and oranges. Then she waited, lingering on the border, mane spilling cream against silver shoulders turning ever paler by the day. By Tallsun, she would surely be a pure white horse, the idea of which rather made her fret. White? What sort of colour is that? Everyone immediately thinks of purity when looking at a white horse. But surely she couldn't be pure all the time!

[Sorry not the best post. They'll improve through the thread.]

"talk talk talk"
move move move
think think think

WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-03-2013, 08:15 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-04-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-05-2013, 06:01 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-05-2013, 07:33 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Torasin - 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-14-2013, 08:11 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Rishima - 01-17-2013, 12:49 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Tor - 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Lace - 01-19-2013, 06:04 AM
RE: Excuse me? [Joining] - by Torasin - 01-19-2013, 08:03 PM