the Rift

A Home for All [Adeamus, Nadira, Open!]

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

Even as the other mares in his company spoke, golden eyes stay locked upon the delicate face of Ophelia. Those eyes, feral like a dog, kept locked upon the small white frame, trying to garner what her ailment was. It was as if someone else had taken her body and strode forth, but with Tinek close in tow speaking to Comadre, it was a hard chance that they were being fooled by imposters. The bond between a companion and master would recognize no such charlatan as their other half, and therefore, the wolf was left perplexed. There was no escaping the thought that she was changed, that she was not Ophelia, yet the silver dragon which soared with Comadre chained him to the blatant fact she was.

The loss of familiarity as she looked at him ripped at his heart like claws. Surely, a face such as his would not be so easily forgotten. Keeping his sorrows from his face, he simply watches, catching the last strands of honeyed words welcoming her into their small gathering. Comadre sits quietly with Tinek, huddling close and offering support to the young silver dragon, Osiris noticing the small weight added but hardly feeling it. His entire body felt numb, not being recognized by the one in this land who had known him the longest. This was the mare he had sworn allegiance to, but she could not even look at him with knowing eyes. He was a stranger, pinned between two acquaintances and a friend who could not remember his name. Feeling dumb, empty, rather at a loss for words, Osiris's ear cocks back uncertainly.

The anxiety creeps over the ice of Ophelia's face as well, claiming both her eyes, blue and crimson, setting her face into emotional knots that pulled harder on Osiris's heart - pain. He knew it well, and the sharp sting of her face contorted in that agony almost made him move, but not quickly enough. Were it not for his sharp hearing, the whispered words she spoke from behind tight lips during her retreat might have been missed. I do not remember any of you. Golden eyes widen and he takes a step toward her, only to see her turn tail. I cannot remember. Tinek lifts off next, following the racing form of her body, and Osiris leaps forward as well, stopping only when he realizes that chasing her is foolish.

"Ophelia!" he calls after her, a large baritone holler that bounces off the trees and echoes on the ground, worried but warm. "Damn it," he whispers to himself, turning to view back over his shoulder at the two mares who he have expected to be gawking at the scene. Comadre's gentle purple eyes are what meets him instead, his face falling slightly. "Do not worry, Osiris. She will be friends again," a toothy smile guides him back toward the other pair, his head lowered but his face calm. "We will just have to teach her that we are good again." The small black crawls along the wolf's neck, latching onto the poll and giving him an embrace. "You are right." The words are said only to the dragon, but plenty loud enough for the other two to hear in this small gap.

He lifts his head, the dragon losing balance and being tossed rather haphazardly in the air, catching himself on leathery wings. "Following her now will do no good," he says to them, as if to quell their worries. "Romani, would you be willing to give Nadira a tour of this land? I have family I wish to visit in the area, and I need not drag you two with me." Perhaps the comfort of the wolves would soothe his soul.
""

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Home for All [Adeamus, Nadira, Open!] - by Osiris - 01-19-2013, 01:59 PM