the Rift

Join Me? || Midas, and other stallions [closed]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Home seemed distant, and during frigid nighttime hours—even more so. I had traveled from the desert to this foreign wasteland of ice and snow. Beauty unnoticed by eyes clouded with bitter thoughts of payback. My time was spent chasing rumors and idle gossip that had chance at leading me toward a savoring flavor that didn’t use to suit my personality. I sought revenge for the pain dealt to a beloved child, thus far vain attempts turned empty toward satisfaction. At least my mortal struggles had a partner.

This lifelong companion lay within the form a bird built upon the element of fire. Fina took to reminding me of her displeasure every few moments by sending mental images of sand and home through our bond.

Considering she had the warmest seat, all complaints were met with a simple shake and forced picture of Cera squirming in pain to induce a twinge of guilt that would shut her up a whole two seconds. Eventually the lass gave up and curled into a spot hidden from wind, tucking small body in empty gap between warm feathers and bone. At least one of us is semi comfortable, I muttered through clinched teeth.

Amidst all complaining, my little girl’s presence was an irreplaceable comfort. She rode, while I grimaced with each icy blast of wind that struck out like a pale backhand; wind that seemed hell bent upon chilling every fiber within this body. The sensitive nerves in winged muscles felt numb and slow, I beat them against my side for warmth; movement allowing a small pocket of warmed air to escape and cool hidden flesh. After walking for what seemed like hours, we finally happened upon a shelter. I glanced up at the walls of ice with relief scattering worried lines from granite face.

If I could just rest a little, and get out of biting air....

Happy to find a some semblance of relief, frozen muscles carried me beyond doorway and into a new kind of icebox. A box who's lingering warnings perhaps shouldn't be ignored, yet I chose to inhale another essence and pay it no heed.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Join Me? || Midas, and other stallions - by Midas - 01-04-2013, 01:03 PM