the Rift

I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter )
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I had been to this nasty place once before, the memory was a rather uninteresting—unimportant one. But it served as a guide through Helovia’s smelly bog at least. Footfalls had to be careful and direct or else an unwilling swim into the murky depths would be our fate this evening. Fina surprisingly didn’t mind all nauseating smells, she rather liked being able to dart to and fro with ample glee.

Did I mention coming to this horrid place had been her idea?

Each sprint furthered her ability to catch oversized toads until finally I grew weary of stomping through marsh for the solo reason of hunting.

Communicating was easy, but also bluntly honest. We knew the others thoughts, desires; nothing was personal anymore. Having something or in this case someone, lingering behind the shadows was rather unnerving at first. Acceptance came naturally though, and it wasn’t long before we found comfort at having a more than just our own little voice on the inside to talk to.

“We are finding nothing important here, let us head home…Cera will be waiting.” I pried then turned, knowing she would eventually follow. Disappointment fluttered in the wake of orders, Fina didn’t approve and wanted to stay longer. When I ignored her wistful images of squishy fish and lizard she started squawking…loudly….

Patience felt strained tighter than a flexed vine, still I practiced wisdom and replied, “If we leave now, perhaps our trails can lead by the meadow and we can hunt rabbit or dove?” To me it was a very generous trade off, I was eager to get home; and she was constantly thinking about one thing.

When and where was my next meal coming from? One would think I never fed the lass.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Midas - 01-04-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Slaiter - 01-06-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Slaiter - 01-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Slaiter - 02-02-2013, 02:39 PM