the Rift

I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter )

Slaiter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Slaiter
Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places.
-H.P. Lovecraft

Though the painted stallion may not enjoy the muddy marsh, there was one nearby who was having a rather splendid time plundering the corpse filled waters. Much time in this eerie place had resulted in an astounding familiarity, at least when it comes to venturing in and out of the trecherous pools. Currently, the ghoul was standing chest deep in the stagnant murk, peering through the silt for a glimpse of a body. The overpowering stench of rot and decay had rendered his normally delicate sense of smell useless, and obviously the dead make no noise, so the creature found himself relying soley on his eyes to accomplish his grisly task. A leonine tail swished in mild annoyance, stirring up even more of the silty residue and making his search even harder. With a resigned sigh, the unicorn turned and began to wade his way back to the sloped bank that had granted him entrance to the water.

Piercing squawks suddenly cut through the normal sounds of the swamp, sending the ghoul skittering back from the potential threat. What if whatever it was wanted to eat him? He looked dead, but would that really matter to a giant bird? At least, he thought it was a bird, because he couldn't think of anything else that might squawk. Unless it was a monster… Intrigued by the possibility, he slowly advances again, scenting the air in a futile effort to discover the beast. Could he be friends with a monster? Everyone said he was a monster, so maybe this one was like him.

Gunk clings to his hooves and legs as he emerges from the pool, making it somewhat difficult for the stallion to avoid slipping from the path. Before venturing too far, he stops at the base of a tree, fondly nudging a broken bit of rib he had left there earlier. “Sorry Mira, I couldn't find anyone else in the water to be friends with us. But there might be a monster! Let’s go see.” Teeth clamp gently over the bone, and he carries it with him as he seeks out the source of the noises. In an odd way, it comforts him, the way a blanket might comfort a child, slightly calming the skittish beast.

This soothing effect is the only thing that keeps Slaiter from bolting as soon as the pegasus and his phoenix come into view. Even so, he is hesitant to move any closer, choosing to remain a safe distance away and hope they haven’t spotted him. What if they take Mira away? Or chase him? He doesn't know why, but a lot of horses try to chase him, biting and kicking if they can get close enough. He sways back and forth, debating on whether or not to just slink away again, but a careless step back results in a twig snapping rather loudly. He freezes, eyes glued to the paint.

Messages In This Thread
I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Midas - 01-04-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Slaiter - 01-06-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Slaiter - 01-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: I'm not having fun yet.... ( Slaiter ) - by Slaiter - 02-02-2013, 02:39 PM